Best PAYG Sim which also works in Europe

2»

Comments

• Frozen_up_north
    Frozen_up_north Posts: 2,420 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    What a difference a day makes, Plusnet have changed their web page since yesterday and the £5/month SIM only now says "Roam like at home". Previously said "UK only" on that plan!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    What a difference a day makes, Plusnet have changed their web page since yesterday and the £5/month SIM only now says "Roam like at home". Previously said "UK only" on that plan!

Yeah, Plusnet have now made ALL sims RLAH, even the £5 ones.
  • rhysadams
    rhysadams Posts: 303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I've got a Sim Only from Three, been abroad a few times Europe and America, not been charged a bean. Although I couldn't make calls in Amercia to American numbers for some reason. Skype got me around that in the end
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Yeah, Plusnet have now made ALL sims RLAH, even the £5 ones.
    That accounts for when I was looking yesterday it appeared that the £5 deal was UK only, but for £6 you got Europe which I thought about for a bit but then realised it'll be nearly a year before we travel so decided against it. Then when I went back to look at the £5 deal it had the Roam deal on it. Thought I'd imagined it.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    One thing I have noticed, with '3' they let you call another eu country for free whilst in an eu 'roam like at home' country.
    iDmobile charge you for calling another eu 'roam like at home' country whilst in the eu, only calls to UK and your current country are included.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,570 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    boatman wrote: »
    One thing I have noticed, with '3' they let you call another eu country for free whilst in an eu 'roam like at home' country.
    iDmobile charge you for calling another eu 'roam like at home' country whilst in the eu, only calls to UK and your current country are included.
    Are you sure? Since June 15th?

If so, IDmobile would be violating the new regulations.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 July 2017 at 11:44AM
    eDicky wrote: »
    Are you sure? Since June 15th?

If so, IDmobile would be violating the new regulations.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming

"* You can use your minutes to call numbers in the UK or the same destination you're in. You'll be charged for calls to other non-UK destinations. These aren't included in your normal monthly allowance even when you're in the UK."

About halfway down the page there is a table, it clearly shows that while in one of the roaming countries you will be charged if you call a country other than the UK or the country you are currently in.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure