how many of you have elderly loved ones?

loon_2
loon_2 Posts: 180 Forumite
if you have elderly loved, who happen to bank with lloyds tsb, check their next utility bill, as there is a good chance they have been swapped to scottish power. a lot of managers and staff are telling elderly customers that they can deal with their gas and electric through the bank, and then being signed up for the commission. this would not be too bad except for the fact that most of these customers are not being signed up to the capped rate, and given that scottish power have just announced a price rise of bg and npower preportions...
Beware the green?

Comments

• pak2
    pak2 Posts: 74 Forumite
    Lloyds bank utility product is 'IDEAL'

Yes Scottish Power are the power company that this is piggy backed on, but it is not Scot Power u are signing up for !

This is like blaming T-mobile if Virgin mobile charge u extra.

I understand ur complaint Loon, but i think it would be best placed in 'Vents' or direct to Trading standards if you have any factual evidence of miss selling.

This board is about money saving and helping people with queiries, not for venting your views on.

Pak
    I say what I like, I like what I say!
  • Doesn't hurt to check their bills though, its not the elderly alone that get ripped off in this way, im currently training my wife not to accept deals from men at the door just because she wants them to leave!

I lost count of the number of catalogues she signed up for.

Cat
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport