Trust Deed (finished help)

Hi looking for a bit of assistance

I got into a bit of bother when i was much younger and entered into a trust deed when i was 19/20 Oct 2001

This trust deed ended Oct 2004 , however my question is this ... i recieved my discharge letter etc , and have had no credit really since then (apart from my mortgage which i took out in Dec 2006) and a mobile phone contract in may 2008

I applied for a Credit Card as going on holiday next year , and i only have a Visa Electron card so thought something like a mastercard / Visa would be better incase of emergencies , so put my details into Money Supermarket and my rating came up with "poor / needs improvement" so i thought ok fair enough , applied for a barclay card which was supposedly for this purpose ... however it was rejected:confused:

so checked my credit report via credit expert and it still lists a fair few of the creditors / debts i had before entering into the trust deed - i was under the impression these would no longer be on my file ? or would at least be settled after this period of time ?

So can anyone offer any advice on how i can rectify this situation ? and have my credit file ammended ?

Kind Regards and all advice appreciated.

R

Comments

• Anyone ? :confused::beer:

all advice greatly recieved

R
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Old defaulted accounts will stay on your files for 6 years from the default date. They should also be marked as settled no later than date the TD completed I think.

For English bankruptcy there is a thread here:

Credit Reference File Clean Up Post Bankruptcy

The same principles apply to IVAs south of the border and should apply equally well to TDs.

The default should not be dated any later than the date the trust deed was entered or became final. Not sure which as I've not really looked at TD's in enough detail.

You can always contact the Information Commissioner's office to double check how this applies to TD's.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Thanks Fermi :beer:

Have just logged into credit expert to check the status of the accounts - will copy and paste these ...

T-MOBILE Communications Default Satisfied 16/09/2007 [URL="javascript:ibToggle2('4');"]hidebutton.gif Hide[/URL]
    ENTRY NUMBER: C5
    Name: *** Address: Date of birth: *** Company name: T-MOBILE Account type: Communications Started: 29/05/2002 Default Balance: £842 Current Balance: Satisfied

Defaulted On: 10/02/2005 File Updated for the Period to: 16/09/2007 Status history:
    [] brackets indicate most recent months status [ hist_8.jpg ] [URL="javascript:tPop('MCCCreditReport.aspx?HelpLink=legend',%20'Legend',%20400,%20510,%201,%201,%201,%201);"]What's this? [/URL]

Seems to be the only 1 that doesnt have 0 as the status .. :eek:

How do i get this removed ? another thing that has come to light , i am not on the electoral roll @ my new address yet , how do i go about ammending this ?

R
  • fermi
    If that was a debt included in an English IVA then they should update the default so that it is dated NO LATER than the date the IVA started.

There will be an equivalent date for a TD. When it is signed/agreed or made final or something like that.

It is important to make sure that is correct since it determines how long the record of the debt stays on your report. 6 years from the default date.

If it needs to be corrected then you can adapt the standard letter in my earlier link to the circumstances of a TD quite easily.

If you are still in Scotland, then there is info on getting on the register of electors here I think.

http://www.votescotland.com/stv/29.html
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

• Again thanks fermi for taking the time to reply , should it show my trust deed on my credit report ? as it doesnt appear 2 list it anywhere ?

Now sent the form away for electoral role :)

R
  • fermi
    An IVA certainly does. I've always presumed a TD should in the same way.

The quickest thing to do would be to have a word with Experian/CreditExpert.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure