The All New MSE Running Club.

Options

Comments

• x_raphael_xx
    Options
    2 mile run completed this morning. 11:32 m/m so not too bad. I was telling BF last night that I'd love to get back to 09:30m/m again. Right now I'd settle for sub 11m/m.

Poor BF was limping around this morning getting ready for work, I don't feel too bad. I was very stiff last night but loosened up this morning. I have a sore spot on the side of my foot, the pressure from my shoes I think. I have two pairs I alternate each run. I prefer the ones I wore for the race, but didn't want to rub on the same spots as yesterday.
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    2 mile run completed this morning. 11:32 m/m so not too bad. I was telling BF last night that I'd love to get back to 09:30m/m again. Right now I'd settle for sub 11m/m.

Running after a race is all about recovery not speed. Nice gentle get the system clearing itself out after the stress of the race.
    Good on you for getting out there and running today.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • indesisiv
    Options
    Woo hoo, my shiny new trail shoes have arrived :)
    Ready to go and test them now but sadly have no time till next weekend to give them a good run out.
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,618 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    enjoy.

I have a series of old trainers, with past their best heat moulded insoles, that tend to get used for mushing with the dogs or camping. I am rubbish at throwing the old ones away - and I wear them all day, every day in the winter after having plantar fasciitis a few years back.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • indesisiv
    Options
    MallyGirl wrote: »
    enjoy.

I have a series of old trainers, with past their best heat moulded insoles, that tend to get used for mushing with the dogs or camping. I am rubbish at throwing the old ones away - and I wear them all day, every day in the winter after having plantar fasciitis a few years back.

I have lots of old ones that I have retired but just don't have the heart to throw/give away. :rotfl:
    These are a lot more cushioned than my current ones and are designed for long running. I bought them as I am about to start my trail marathon training. Then if that goes well I want to carry on with training for longer runs than that.
  • MallyGirl
    Options
    I will follow with interest.
    I have decided I need to try and aim for a 10K in 2016 - I still want to try and get to a 5k time starting with a 2 but I would like to build up the distance as well and I work better with a goal. Time to look around for a local event
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
  • indesisiv
    edited 13 October 2016 at 2:31PM
    Options
    I will follow with interest.
    I have decided I need to try and aim for a 10K in 2016 - I still want to try and get to a 5k time starting with a 2 but I would like to build up the distance as well and I work better with a goal. Time to look around for a local event

If you want a 5k time beginning with a 2 then the best bet would be to do more longer runs. I'd have thought to get that sort of time you would need to be running 10k's as training runs. *Don't quote me on that though*

Do you run 10ks in training?
    By the time you have done a mile or 2 warm up then a 5k race, then warmed down you'd be about at 10k?

I've been working on getting a 5k time starting with a 1 (Still 6 secs short :( )

I say if you regularly run 5k then you can run 10k ... go on and enter a race, there are loads of nice ones around. I've just entered one for boxing day :)
    Figure that I don't need to be anywhere till 12 and the race starts at 10am. Its about 30 mins drive home, so should be able to run, drive home then get a shower before I need to be anywhere else :rotfl:

Edit: A couple of places to look
    http://www.fetcheveryone.com/
    http://www.runbritain.com/races
    http://!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!/events/running-events-home.aspx

Really ... it filtered that!!

http://the running bug.co.uk/events/running-events-home.aspx
  • MallyGirl
    Options
    thanks - will take a look. Not really thinking about 'races' as such, more just getting to run that sort of distance without dying :)
  • indesisiv
    Options
    thanks - will take a look. Not really thinking about 'races' as such, more just getting to run that sort of distance without dying :)

Nothing like a race to focus the mind lol.

I struggle to get out of a jog if I am not racing.:rotfl:
  • mrsp1987
    mrsp1987 Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Wedding Day Wonder Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Races are great, they really do focus you and push you more in training than if you just wanted to reach that distance. Speaking off, I need to start training for mine. 2 now in December, thee 11th and 27th
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure