New but not new - Year 1 of 5!

Comments

• Ah, that's not good. :( Fingers crossed that the X-ray shows improvements, and you're right, definitely don't want to do too much to soon!
  • The hip sounds awful...I hope you recover soon!! I'll be following your journey :)
  • Thank you! So we went to the gym. I worked really hard (can only do upper body work but boy you should see my shoulder muscles now!!). Then we went into town. I managed my NSD so am well chuffed. We did pick up some brochures for our "great big trip to Australia and NZ when we retire"....which is our first major post MF target. It's some way off, I know, but it's exciting to start really putting some of our bucket list entries into planning!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,820
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Great to see you.
    But :eek: to no shoes :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Thanks beanie! And you know I love a challenge....no shoes in September it is!!

Seriously, though....although I've been around a.long time, I've let some of the Mse stuff lapse. I do still use quidco (and have introduced OH to it!) and bits like that. But I've not done anywhere near as much as I could have. But that will change again. Not as full on as before, but there is definitely room for improvement.

Decluttering today....3 bags of clothes that don't fit me since losing weight have gone to the charity shop.
  • It's Sunday and that means planning and prepping for the week ahead. OH is still dozing but I've been awake for ages with my head spinning over exciting MSE stuff and our longer term plans!!

So....I've made use of the awake time to get quotes for my car insurance which is due for renewal in a month. It will need to wait for payday on 23rd but I'm ahead of the game which is more than I usually am! Potential savings £40 plus cashback of £28.

Today then....
      Do cupboard/fridge/freezer inventory do meal planner for next week Prep anything that needs it at this stage Make shopping list Get dinner on - sausage and beef casserole and baked potatoes Do the ironing and get it all away (diary readers of old may realise what a change this is in my life!!) Spend time with DD who is visiting today before she goes to a gig with friends.

I'm also going to look for a 5 year planner (or make more use of my filofax) and do some mind mapping. This may, or may not lead to more budget work....you never know!

Happy Sunday everyone :)
  • Ouch to the hip. I hope you recover soon. DH and I had our honeymoon in NZ and it was totally amazing. We are planning to go back for 6 months when we retire. I look forward to following your journey. DC
    Mortgage: £59709.77 (26/08/17) Now £58683.93 MFD Nov 2033
    Current OP Savings £3952.68.
    Milestone no 1 reached 07 Dec 17. Working towards milestone no 2 net debt £50000.
  • It's very exciting planning even though it is some way off!

I've done my meal plan and resultant shopping list. I'm hoping to get away with spending less than £15 this week. I've bought a 5 year diary off Amazon for £2.98 including postage and bought essentials at the supermarket costing £7.13, so have £4.89 for extra veg or more milk later in the week. I've got plenty of food in the cupboards etc, and thanks to a mega meal prep session last week, have loads of lunches in the freezer for work.

I've started a spending diary and done some mind mapping.

I've done the ironing, and also worked out what I'm wearing for the ball in a couple of weeks.....and have appropriate kitten heel sparkly shoes already so no need to be tempted to buy anything new.

I'm loving being back.....I feel in control of things, and that's a good place to be.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,669
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Welcome back to mse - no idea who you were! - but love following a new diary :)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • I had a DFW number of 230 for anyone that becomes curious. I don't expect to be anywhere near as "full on" now as I was then and for various reasons wont be quite as open as before. Protecting the innocent and all that:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure