Little by little....to be MF

Comments

• Morning all :)

TT £1 this morning bringing my total to £19.01 so should make my target this month for a bonus OP and potentially exceed it. Had a good weekend, caught up with friends and dogs exhuasted themselves, lovely day yesterday and parents for the first BBQ of the season! Although poor pooch has ripped her dew claw yet again, so making an appointment to remove it as it has nothing but trouble since the first rip! Will be expensive, but hopefully we can claim on insurance as we can't really afford it at the moment :(

Not much MSE-ing happening at the moment. Managed to keep groceries for the weekend minimal and just the things I needed for our lunch party. Still a bit over, but I think for Easter and presents that isn't too bad (for me!).

Still have a lot of stuff we need to sell so need to look at ebay or try gumtree again for a few extra pennies. A few weekend tasks for us!

Hope everyone had a good weekend :)
    Retro x
    Save
    Original Mortgage: £134k Sept 2044 :eek: Current Mortgage: £126k Neutral Oct 2039
    Ideal goal: TBC :cool:
    Bonus OPs made 2017: 7 total= £159.91
    Save
    Save
  • Congratulations on your engagement, and by constantly chipping away at your mortgage - you're doing great :)
    Feb 2012 - onwards MF achieved
    September 2016 - Back into clearing a mortgage - Was due to be paid off in 32 years in March 2047 -
    April 2018 down to 28.00 months vs 30.04 months at normal payment.
    Predicted mortgage clearing 03/2047 - now looking at 02/2045

Aims: 1) To pay off mortgage within 20 years - 2037
  • Thanks originalmiscellany! I'm still my love bubble at the moment! Although I generally feel happier at the moment even though we have less money - go figure!

TT only 45p today but already made my target £20 for the bonus OP which I am happy with :)

Getting a refund of £45 from our life insurance as they had our premium raised for a risk marker which we got removed, so I think that will go into the wedding fund/savings pot. As we do not have an emergency fund I would like to save a little where we can using money we have already written off so it doesn't make too much of an impact.

We had to get pooch in to take the nail out of her dew claw as it was ripped, but not allowed to get the dew claw removed as it hasn't been an issue enough times! So basically the tonsilitus of dogs:rotfl:and +£200 everytime :eek: but we do love her and she is such a beautiful girl, inside and out :p
    Save
    Original Mortgage: £134k Sept 2044 :eek: Current Mortgage: £126k Neutral Oct 2039
    Save
    Save
  • Hi all!

Only 38p TT today but managed a total bonus OP from TT of £23.67 for April so I am happy with that! I checked on the calculater that overpaying the extra £75 regularly cuts 4 years and 9 months and saves £10k of interest and if we can keep the minimum OP of £20 extra a month that is another year and £2k interest saving :eek:

Trying to keep spending low for groceries hasn't panned out as planned but we should be ok for most things for the next couple of weeks. I am trying to keep the bills to within their allowed limits so our balance sheet actually represents our current account for a change. Although our balance is creeping up so our so called savings must be increasing with reducing spends. It is difficult sometimes to keep tabs as we have two CCs and are used for different functions because they are accepted in different shops. Tbh it is DF who comes in and spends randomly and I can't account for it and it throws all my spreadsheets out :rotfl: he is getting better at it now though.

Oh well not a lot doing this week, but hopefully the weather perks up a bit!! Hope you all have a good one
    :beer:
    Save
    Save
  • Morning all :) hope everyone had a lovely sunny weekend! Managed a BBQ on Friday and a whole day in the city on Saturday and it was glorious. Had a stay-in spa day with my mum and sister for a belated mother's day as well, which is becoming our tradition now! Saves a few pennies and mum loves it!

TT £1 today but missed a few days (sunshine got the better of me!) so have to be on the ball this week. Managed to get food within budget even though I bought a few extra things for the weekend. Managing to keep presents reasonable for my mum and sister who have birthdays this week. Just need to pay the vet for the worming and we should be on budget?!

Retro x
    Save
    Save
  • Hi everybody!

After seeing Mr SJ is back on the diary again I have been reminded my own has been shockingly quiet. There have been some developments in my family that basically mean that we are having to buy a house for my parents to live in as they are in their 60s with very little income. This means we are currently buying out our Help to Buy and paying fees like there's no tomorrow. All fees have been haggled though (apart from the Scottish Ministers, they don't haggle :p).

So basically I'm not sure where this diary will be in the next couple of months, as our own mortgage is going to go up to the full whack (around £150-160k) and we will be mortgaged up to our gills! It is all very complicated and messy and borderline ok with the solicitors so fingers crossed everything works out like we think. And nothing happens to our jobs as we will be stretched to the max now!

Did someone say save for a wedding?! :rotfl:

Retro x

PS. 14p TT today.....not sure whether to laugh or cry really!
    Save
    Save
  • We're just going through the process of paying back the HTB loan, had the survey done today and the mortgage is likely to go up to C£150K so I feel your pain on that front!
    Mortgage £126746 DEC14 £122423.53 DEC15 £115041.70 DEC16 Remortgaged Sep17 to pay off HtB loan £150000 - £140500 JUL19 Moved house Oct19 £230000 £230400 DEC20
  • TSG it is slightly depressing know how little we will have in the way of disposable income (what is that?!) but at the same time we will own more equity so it is a good thing in that respect. Just don't see much saving going on for this wedding! :)
    Save
    Save
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    As much as it means little now, picture 5yrs time and think how far on you will be! I think back 5yrs and we were miles away from where we are now (frightening how bad our position was and we've added 2 more little un's in that time.).
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • Hi SJ - yes you are right! I suppose it is difficult when you are right in the thick of it to see light at the end of the tunnel. But since making the decision to overpay our mortgage we have saved on interest, probably into the thousands now, from a relatively modest OP. So we can dream to do it again even with a mahoosive new mortgage! Thanks for your encourage though, it means a lot :)
    Save
    Save
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business