PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 5th February 2018

Options

Comments

• donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Fly Ladies :wave:

I've just been lurking for the past few weeks and doing some halfhearted flying. Hoping to get back into it this week.

Hi Lover of Lycra xxxx
  • donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    morning all,

slinky checking in with a 2lb loss, that's 16lb now :j i do plenty of walking but need to do some exercises that focus on the tummy, i definitely have a 'mum tum'!
    Xx

a w e s o m e
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning

With all the weight loss so far, have we lost the weight of an average flylady yet?? :)

Plumber due today
    Dentist again
    Daily stuff done
    Bins back in the council bin staff must be freezing today, they were very well wrapped up, but I guess as they are moving a lot it helps keep them warm
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Options
    Jojo, the other bad news on the sleep front is that when I stopped drinking altogether I started sleeping through the night after years of disrupted sleep, as did OH when he cut down massively. In addition, apparently 50% of people who get referred to a sleep clinic reported that all their sleep problems resolved immediately they gave up all caffeine, so no coffee (not even decaffinated), no hot chocolate and most teas. It all hurts to begin with but after a couple of weeks it's so worth it. I'd also suggest that if Himself is a bit of a nightmare to kip next to, making up the spare bed so you can trundle off to it if he's keeping you awake might be worth considering.

WM on, kitchen tidied and Kelpie's booked in for an hour in a safe field where I can let him off the lead at 11.00 o'clock. Yessssss. Further flying will occur later. I have been dusting a bit over the past few days and it's made quite a big difference. Well it would, I suppose.
    Better is good enough.
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    So far:

- School run done
    - Dog walked
    - Aldi trip done
    - Work admin done for DH
    - Beds made
    - Walking shoes washed and now drying off

I am about to unload the DW, then empty the hoover. Oooh the excitement! xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    kazwookie wrote: »
    With all the weight loss so far, have we lost the weight of an average flylady yet?? :)
    I don't want to lose any flyladies! but :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Well done atb and Valli :T :T
    I have added another 1lb to our combined loss, meaning that in 5 weeks I have lost 9 lb :) But I doubt that I shall make it to my target before half term, and I shall probably put some on again while we are away. Damage limitation will be the order of the day, whilst not spoiling our holiday.
    DH also managed to lose 1.5 lb this week, which reverses what he put on last week :)
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    I have been dusting a bit over the past few days and it's made quite a big difference. Well it would, I suppose.
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

So far today I have
    - prepped veg and threw meat into SC at 6.45
    - S&S'd bathroom, including bleaching grotty tiles
    - S&S'd kitchen
    - done 2 hours' reading prep for tonight's college lecture (and some of it may have stuck in my mind)
    - weighed in at SW
    - protected our regular postman from Rosie, whose bark is definitely worse than her bite (and he knows and understands) - yesterday his colleague made the mistake of trying to encourage her to come for a stroke, but she is still afraid of strange men.

Now for another hour of college work before I take Rosie for her walk.
  • kazwookie
    Options
    Plumber has been and gone, all gone, toilet and a hot tap now all work correctly!!

Dentist has taken out a tooth that I wasn't expecting, so I have half a hamester face, so going to sit here and wander around the internet for a bit, as she said I must not do any thing too much for about and hour! (that suits me)

Sun is out here, but it is still cold driving to MK it was -2 on car temp guage, the lambs in fields looked so cold.
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,997 Forumite
    Options
    February budgetting brought up to speed and March one pencilled in.. I appear to be getting on top of things this week... you can guarantee things will fall apart again next week lol.

9lb off for slinkies
    £800 for flymarketeers.. I have no time to list anything and at least 9 big boxes and 2 huuuuge binbags to get through... I need to list at least 3 things today though as 37 is not an acceptable number ot have.. it has to be multiples of 5

Twinkle is a limpet but at least she isnt screaming at me like she did all day yesterday.

spreadsheet created.. and I need to do another one because I think the loan people are not taking off all my payments.. I make 5-7 payments a month depending on income and how many Fridays there are. I might revive my old snowball and budget ones.. they were very helpful.. in fact.. I will do those right now.. *saddo!!*

Twinkle needs a nap but I know the second I put her up to bed she will do a smell.. so I am hoping she does her deposit soon so I can turn Bing off.. there are 39 episodes on Amazon and I have watched them on loop for 3 weeks.. it is torture now.. but Bing is very cute and the stories are sweet.

Pulled out 26 rows of 159 stitiches last night so I have all that to knit back up today too.. :/ It is a rather beautiful blanket.. I need to sew buttons on 3 cardigans too.. or it might be 4.. Twinkle will have warmth once they are done.

Our recycling bins appear to be the only ones emptied down the street this week.. *smug* .. how hard is it to not put black binbags and other non-recycling in there? If my lazy self manages noone else has any excuse

I need some blank CD's for writing.. photo back up.

Ooh!.. hair washing.. I MUST do that today before my hair runs away.

OH is off work on Saturday so around swimming I want to get some bedroom sorting.. I have decided Easter is going to be the big bedroom shuffle.. so I need to empty one before then... it is much less full than it was but mainly full of ebeasty stuff and wool.. I'm knitting it up as fast as I can!

argh... so much to do and so little motivation!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • kazwookie
    edited 6 February 2018 at 4:15PM
    Options
    It's snowing here!

Piggers well done on 9lbs.

Cleaned where the plumber has been, very slowly, but done now.
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 6 February 2018 at 2:20PM
    Options
    Mumof2 wrote: »
    LW have fun with the Yorkie tomorrow! Whiz is going to boarding on Friday through to Sunday night but I haven't told him yet (he loves seeing his friends Tia and Bear though, so no problem).
    Unfortunately, the Yorkie didn't happen. :( His owners got a call from the double-glazing people that the fitter was off sick (they only have one fitter??) so they wouldn't be doing the work today. Anyways, the good news is we have a revised date of 17-18 Feb, so I shall still get to look after little Benji.
    I hope Whiz enjoys his holiday. x
    pigpen wrote: »
    LW.. it is very naughty to starve yourself.. as a starvation expert.. it really doesn't work. At least eat something like vegetables or fruit which doesn't have the fat/sugar/carb content of actual food and will fill your poor rumbly tum and keep your blood sugars regulated.. I do not want to hear of you being hospitalised with a hypoglycaemic attack because you have collapsed from hunger!! Cheese isn't much good for slinkiness .. can you rustle up an omelette with mushrooms or grated root veg or tomato? That is filling and will keep you going and will be better than hunger! !
    I know, I know! Trouble is, I don't usually feel hungry; now Mr LW's retired I can't just eat what I fancy and when it suits me, I have to work to his requirements; and I hate, hate, hate cooking.:(
    In mitigation, I did eat some breakfast yesterday, which I often don't, so I wasn't actually starving.
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    I'd also suggest that if Himself is a bit of a nightmare to kip next to, making up the spare bed so you can trundle off to it if he's keeping you awake might be worth considering.
    Gods, I wish we had a spare bed; I'd be in it like a shot! Mr LW kept me awake til gone 03:00 again last night with a) snoring and b) fidgeting so much that at one point he had his leg out of the covers and was kicking the side of the bed! :eek: At that point I hauled his sorry a$$ back across the bed, as he has fallen out onto the floor several times in the past. Finally dropped off to sleep, only to be woken again by Mr LW's 04:00 trip to the loo. :(

I'd say it's not lack of food that's going to finish me off, it's sleep deprivation! :(

Not sure what to do this afternoon with no doggie to look after - Mr LW has already been detailed to put the sheep-onna-stick round the high areas and light fittings (which he has done). He was making noises about visiting Bletchley Park again this afternoon, but I really don't have the energy.

And I need to get him to see about getting the kitchen tap fixed; it's started dripping, and it's driving me to distraction. :wall:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure