What small DFW things will you do this week? W/C 15 May

Comments

• Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,614 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    That's brilliant news nikongirl on paying off the debt, I bet it's a relief and you'll have that extra money now for you.
    Today has been a strange one.
    Had to do more cat cleaning, it seemed never ending and the hoover has started to pack up. Will have to look on ebay for a reconditioned pet one-esp with the cats. The last reconditioned hoover I got off there was absolutely brilliant, well worth the money.
    I haven't managed to get my paperwork done but did post final ebay parcel.
    It has also been abit of a spendy day. Popped into the next town to visit M&S, a real treat. I had a money off voucher and I stacked their latest grill offer to get more discount off. I keep the wine for presents.picked up a couple of things my DD wanted and a couple of bits for DM. Also managed to get some YS bargains there so fridge and freezer are full, plus had to put bits in my DM freezer. A family member might pop over to stay on the bank holiday Monday so there is meat in ready from the grill offer.
    Coming to the end of my set grocery challenge target for this month but only really need cat food and cat litter so should just do it.
    At some point I really need to tackle mount ironing everest especially as I managed to get more washing line dried today.
    I hope everyone has had a good day x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Evening all, what a wet day it has been!

I've been reading up on what the yellow spots on the leaves of my courgette plants could be and it could be some sort of deficiency so I went out and fed them with tomato food, in the rain, my neighbours must think I'm bonkers :rotfl:

I didn't have time to put the curry in the slow cooker this morning so planned to cook it on the hob but just didn't fancy it which was probably just as well as the turkey smelt a bit funny so ended up in the bin.

It was a bit of a faff but I made a roast instead using the YS roast beef, it was bloody lovely! I was really fancying a roast and what with being drenched and DSGF has a cold and also got drenched it seemed like the perfect comfort food.

Apart from cooking, which I *wanted* to do I have given myself the night off. I seem to have spent weeks sorting stuff and doing stuff and tonight I'm just going to ignore it all and not feel guilty :)

Have a good evening everyone :)
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • congratulations nikongirl :T it must be a relief :D it's weird though coz once it's done, it's done! Time moves on, I don't even think about getting df now (either times!) you spend so much of your life geared up for it and then it's just done :money:

HK who'd of known having cats is such hard work???!

well back to work today :( man I wish my life meant I didn't need to work!

I intend to keep costs as low as possible but need to nip to the sm for milk.

Will put out plants to harden - planning to plant them up at the weekend. FVD courgettes are pretty hardy so just cut off the leaves that look dodgy as soon as you plant it out it'll be ok.

quick shower - opps time is ticking on!

grab something for my lunch - hm hummus & salad pita today mmmm. I think I finally cracked hummus and made my best one ever yesterday :D

feed the worms - must do this!

check through seed tray and sow a couple of things. Also still need to pot on a few plants. Hopefully I'll have the energy tonight. Finally have got oh on board with being tidy so hopefully the house won't be such a slog anymore :T (he's much better at tidying up than I am! :))

ok nothing earth shattering! Have a great day x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Good morning all,

Great news nikongirl well done. I'm currently organising our dmp and working towards paying the first full and final settlement.
    We are also growing courgettes. We like the golden ones and always have a great crop. I put them in everything, inlcuding chocolate cake, delish.
    Also growing french beans, beetroot, salad leaves, strawberries and raspberrys. We used to grow even more but have scaled it back this year as we are getting ready to put the house on the market.
    I'm hoping for a more restful day today. I never stopped yesterday:eek: having said that here is todays list!
    -check bank
    -Move money from Paypal
    -Buy wrapping paper and card for DD wedding on Sunday
    -Pick up Printing paper
    -Nip to local town for June Birthday cards
    -pick up milk
    -Call in my charity shops

Not much then! tea tonight will be home made oven chips, fish fingers and mushy peas.
    Have a great Thursday x
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Morning all :)
    Up and about quite early this morning, I have already been to the neighbouring town to their excellent market to buy vegetables for the week, bread etc, posted a couple of ebay parcels, sold 2 additional items and listed 3 new ones :)

Still to do:
    Hair appointment at lunchtime, not moneysaving, but I hate my hair when it needs cutting! I only have it wet cut in a local salon, so it doesn't break the bank, but it drives me mad if I don't have it done every 6 weeks or so :(
    HM meals, we have Thai chicken curry again tonight :)
    Cut some salad leaves, I have tonnes ready in pots in the garden - needless to say I didn't buy any lettuce! Not that it is lettuce, as that hasn't grown very well so far, but plenty of rocket and mizuna leaves :D
    Do some housework, stairs look awful :o
    Anything that needs doing in the garden - won't be watering after a whole day of heavy rain yesterday!

Julie67, congratulations to your DD on her wedding :)
    Hope everyone is having a good day - sunny here so far :)
  • katy_ann
    katy_ann Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Afternoon everyone! Was up early with LO so went for a walk into town with my SIL and the kids, it killed me but I need to loose this baby weight some how! Other than that ill be:

- Check banking
    - Quick house tidy
    - Eat healthily from home
    - Swagbucks
    - Re list EBay item where buyer did not pay

I think that's me :) x
    Debt free once - Back again | Current debt: £3002.96 - January 2023 | Currently repaying £50 a month - Estimated DFD Jan 2028 | Make £2023 in 2023 #51 - £33.75/£2023
  • FatVonD
    Thanks, DNMS, I've spotted some powdery mildew on a couple of leaves too, I've sprayed them but I think a haircut is in order!

My lunch made it to the morning intact so I have YS spinach and pine nut pasta for lunch.

I bought a weekly train ticket today as I'm trying to put off buying another monthly until I've been paid so I'm not tempted to put it on a credit card.

I spent my time on the train this morning productively by making some lists for the weekend. I'm also going to make some more room by room of what needs doing. I'm really impatient and also a perfectionist and I always want everything to be just right, right now (which results in every room being in an unfinished state.) Realistically I have the rest of my life to get the house sorted so I need to just slow down and do one room at a time properly.

The weight of yesterdays rain has made quite a few branches hang really low in the front garden, it was like an obstacle course trying to get out this morning! That needs to be dealt with this weekend though annoyingly my brown/garden refuse bin wasn't emptied this week.

I will pop to the YS run to see if there's anything that would be good for dinner. I have some Indian snacks, yoghurt and mint sauce I'd bought to go with curry yesterday so maybe a buffet might be in order.

Have a good day all :)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • FatVonD
    I am an idiot, the bins get collected today :o

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    FatVonD wrote: »
    Thanks, DNMS, I've spotted some powdery mildew on a couple of leaves too, I've sprayed them but I think a haircut is in order!

Take care FVD, it is early for powdery mildew, and many courgette varieties naturally have whitish blotches on their leaves.
  • FatVonD
    Ah, right, thanks, Dawn, I'll hold fire for a bit, if it is then it's been sprayed anyway so hopefully that will take care of it.

In other news, one of my cats has taken to pooing upstairs, twice on the landing and last night on the bathroom rug. I'm going to have to put a litter tray up there. It hasn't happened every night but quite often we leave the back door open at night anyway. They have a cat flap at the front but I think the fat one may be getting a bit stiff and old as she doesn't like using it.

The bathroom mat went straight in the bin :(

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure