The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Comments

• The kondo way is by category rather than location. Maybe start with socks, there's always potential for getting rid of odd or holey ones here.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks Bob, taking control and INOD. I felt so sorry for those people but it has refocused my mind.

The sock comment made laugh. The plan for this afternoon was to mend some holey socks. I have read marie kondo twice but to be honest it just annoys me, i dont know why. Perhaps it was the wrong time. I will try again.

Two bags filled so far. Im going for four today just to get ahead on the week. I have so much stuff to get rid off. :eek: DH is also coming round to the idea of doing a car boot sale. I need a sit down.;)
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,651
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Two bags filled so far. Im going for four today just to get ahead on the week. I have so much stuff to get rid off. :eek:
    Doing the same, although only 1 black bin liner filled :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    Forumite
    Doing the same, although only 1 black bin liner filled :)
    I'm just doing carrier bags at the moment rather than bin bags. I feel it's less overwhelming. I'm up to 2 1/2 but have stopped. I have tidied my knicker and sock draw. :j

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • parsniphead
    Forumite
    Woke up this morning feeling nervous, sick, anxious and on edge. Don't know why, perhaps its because I hardly slept again. When I did sleep, I dreamt about work and I was being followed around by some Robbie Williams lookalike who was really annoying. I need to shake it off quickly.

I'm going to try to do an hours work this morning and possibly another bag. I can start to see areas getting better which will motivate me. What I could do with is a week all alone in the house and then I would see a massive difference.

I need to shift this mood though. I don't like it.

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,651
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    I too slept badly and feel nervous and edgy, but mine is fox-related.

I will again be using the bad energy to clean...

Wishing you a better day today :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    Forumite
    Thanks doingitanyway.

There was no reason for the mood except for lack of sleep.

I hope your mood passed. X

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Morning..

I've never watched that programme but OH has - it really saddens me also and the reality of it happening to me frightens me... it is one of my greatest fears is to lose my home and we have come close in the past. I just cant watch programs like that as they are too close to the bone so to speak, but I really do emphasise with anyone who goes through difficult times.

Good luck with the bag challenge Parsnip - just start in one room - probably common sense would say - the worst room - but my brain works the other way round and I would start in the room that needs the least decluttering first and then I would say - yes one room completed - then move on to the next room;)

Get them bin bags out :T

I think it is a fear for many people and that is why those shows do well, because people have that car crash TV feeling watching them, if that makes sense.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Sorry for being late to the discussion on Cant Pay but thought I would comment - as you know only the extreme cases make it to TV so we are only seeing the worst cases.

As a Debt Adviser I actually see people like this regularly - it saddens me that people who have ostrich tendencies end up losing everything when a bit of communication would have solved everything.

I have seen parents who agreed to guarantee loans for their adult children who then defaulted so they nearly lost their homes - the parents were ignorant to the fact they could lose their home when they agreed to it. The parents had debts of their own so were never going to be able to cover the payments if the daughter didn't but of course they owned their own home.
    Luckily they dealt with matters early on and although a charge was put on their home, we agreed an affordable repayment rate which means they got to remain in their home.

A few years ago I dealt with a lady who had 2 children, life had been terrible for her and although she worked she did not earn that much. She ignored all her letters and just carried on until one day she came home from work to a boarded up house - turns out that her non-payment of water had led to a CCJ which in turn had led to the water company requesting possession of her house (so they could sell it to recoup their debt) which was granted as she did not defend it as she had not opened letters.
    She sought advice and we managed to get the water company to agree to let her back into her home and to start payments at an affordable amount.

I don't want to tell you not to worry Parsnip because I know you are worrying but just remember you are dealing with your debts, you are opening your post and trying to sort things out.
    The people on this programme are not doing that.

Great news on the 0% card and the balance transfers - here's to getting that debt cleared asap.

You are doing fab, Parsnip and sound so motivated.

Hope you can sleep better tonight.
  • parsniphead
    Forumite
    Thanks for the post Eager Elephant.

It must be difficult doing that job and hearing so many sad stories. I too used to have draws of uuopened letters which looking back was so stupid. Fear is such a strong emotion and can lead to making unwise decisions. Thank you for being there and offering help to people when they need it.

A strange thing happened last night and to be honest it was a little overwhelming. To be honest Im not even sure that I should be typing this but its a part of me.

It started earlier in the evening. I had eaten and washed up so I decided to have half an hour tidying and hopefully getting rid of another bag of stuff. I managed two and:j suddenly realised that I was beginning to get somewhere. I still have a LOT of stuff to sort through and get rid of. But I have made a start.

Later I was putting DS to bed, just sitting on the floor when I had this overwhelming sense of peace......well hope and positivity I guess. I felt incredibly relaxed, something I haven't felt for many, many years. It suddenly came to me that things were starting to move in the right direction and if I could keep up the momentum I would achieve what I had set out to do. Not just my house, money, my health and DS (my main areas of constant worry), but life in general.

I think what im trying to say, badly, is that these things may take time to get to where I want them, but, with patience I will get there. Lack of patience has to be one of my stumbling blocks. I get frustrated and make stupid decisions. From now on I needs to keep reminding myself that it took ages to get to this state and things can't be fixed overnight.......and that's OK.

Slowly and gently I'm going to continue to work on each area. Each step forward is going to be celebrated quietly and seen as what it is, a step to the next success.

Now time to put the washing away.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure