Tesco warranty hassle

2»

Comments

• paweaz
    paweaz Posts: 11 Forumite
    Semantics indeed.......lol i'll assume you had your glasses on 5000+ usually means more than £5000 £15600 as you cleverly totaled is more than £5000 isn't it ?

oh silly me i also forgot to tell you on an open forum that my business also purchases fuel from tescos........tut tut tut......but hey now ya know.........sadly i'm not on here to educate you but i'll go easy on you this time fella.......lets put it down to shall we say....being a tesco fanboi lol

Buffoonery aside folks think long and hard where you spend your hard earned money on electricals in future.........can you imagine being without a laptop or tablet for 3-4 weeks due to faffing about waiting on manufacturers getting their finger out..........i've learned a lesson today not that i can't count but it pays to buy from trustworthy retailers sadly i always though tescos were.........
  • paweaz
    paweaz Posts: 11 Forumite
    "It's just a shame that you refuse to educate yourself to give you a better understanding in the future. Hopefully others who read your 'warning' will not be so tunnel visioned."

Sadly i am not a lawyer and have no wish to be, yes perhaps i do not understand the finer points of the law however i understand that i'll be a lot more careful where i spend my hard earned money in future.......if you mean by tunneled vision If i buy a new product i expect it to function for at least 1 year.....if not i expect it to be replaced or repaired in a reasonable timeframe with ZERO expense to me....which is not what i was offered then yes i do indeed suffer from tunnel vision........as should anyone else reading this.........too much bloody nonsense,shenanigians and sneaky terms and conditions most of which no doubt dreamed by the said companies for the average person to keep abreast off..........seems to me that these days they're certainly not in the consumers best interest.........just finished reading another post here where a guy was refused a return of a record player because he changed his mind as the quality and sound was rubbish........whatever happened to satisfactory quality..........at the end of the day i'm no lawyer but i'm no mug either and refuse to bow down to these corporate greedy criminals...the money is not the issue its the general principle...........anyway enough give my head peace with all the negative and know it all posts lol

A foolish man is always doing,Yet much remains to be done. Fools give you reasons, wise men never try. Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton. Wise men learn by other men's mistakes, fools by their own.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 May 2017 at 1:44AM
    paweaz wrote: »
    theres a reason some retailers have been in business for over a century........

The phrase “The customer is always right” was originally coined in 1909 by Harry Gordon Selfridge, the founder of Selfridge's department store in London, and is typically used by businesses to convince customers that they will get good service at this company and convince employees to give customers good service

To put another spin on it....you buy £5k+ worth of items from tesco every year and are choosing to ditch them over one issue with a bluray player costing less than £100?

Just a word of warning folks avoid buying from so called trustworthy retailers they are only interested in your money

And before anyone spouts the new laws regarding having to prove a fault existed after 6 months that is nonsense if the product develops a fault within 1 year its not my responsibility to prove anything period.

Just an angry rant folks so shocked and saddened at Tesco, be wary now we know these greedy stores policy regarding returned items simply spend your money where you will be appreciated and prob get the item cheaper also.

Did you think retailers are in business because they want to be your friend? They ALL want your money. Some are willing to lie for it, some are willing to cheat for it - and yes some are willing to brown nose for it - but make no mistake, its not your charming personality and sparkling wit they're after. Everything about the retail industry revolves around getting customers to spend as much money as they can - special offers, why they put the milk & bread at the back of the shop, eye catching displays etc.

Never trust anyone who has an interest in parting you from your money.

Nor is it due to "new laws" you need to prove fault after 6 months - it was part of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 so nothing has changed in that regard.

As for the part in bold - that attitude is precisely why we've seen a decline in stores goodwill (or customer service as you call it). As you have proven, years of being fantastic won't mean a thing if you even fail to meet their expectations (no matter how unreasonable they may be) once.

I remember when tesco opened, everyone was speaking about their great prices, customer service etc (same as said abouts amazon). Part (not all but part) of the reason both can offer cheaper prices was due to using every "legal" loophole available to avoid tax liabilities. It may also surprise you to learn that amazon are not a UK company - check their T&C's if you don't believe me. The third party company that own their warehouses & employ staff here don't sell anything (nor do they pay corporation tax on all the profit they make from our economy because its filed where amazon are registered - luxembourg). And their staff are largely made up of agency workers on zero hour contracts for NMW in a fashion that I believe has been likened to concentration camps or prison (or possibly both).

But hey, who cares how savings are made as long as we get cheap prices, right?

ETA: **Disclaimer** I don't work for tesco, hell...I dont even shop there.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Your posts speak volumes. I really can't see Tesco being worried about losing your custom. I don't work or shop at Tesco. 3-4 weeks is no time at all to resolve your problem really. You sound like a stroppy teenager.
  • davidwood123
    davidwood123 Posts: 471 Forumite
    For every bad business, there are thousands of bad customers.

Unfortunately for Tesco, they have sold a DVD player to a bad customer
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    ..its wrong and no way to ensure consumer loyalty from an already struggling retailer...

£1.2 billion profit.

Definitely not struggling.
  • London50
    London50 Posts: 1,850 Forumite
    edited 18 May 2017 at 2:54PM
    Unless I am missing something here I can understand why returning it to Sony then waiting for the return would take 3 - 4 weeks as when they receive it they would send it on to SAMSUNG . Perhaps by cutting out the two middle men {Tesco and Sony} it MIGHT just take 7-10 days.

http://www.s21.com/samsung-bd-f5100.htm
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 May 2017 at 3:29PM
    Did you ask Sony to collect the item from you ?

Don't see why you can't deal with Sony over this.
  • London50
    London50 Posts: 1,850 Forumite
    See my post above yours, perhaps it will answer your question
  • shaun_from_Africa
    shaun_from_Africa Posts: 12,858 Forumite
    edited 18 May 2017 at 4:08PM
    only in good old blighty ehh.........Get a grip folks its people like you that have our rights at an all time low,who cares if its consumer law,warranty law whatever
    Consumer rights at an all time low?

How on earth did you come to this conclusion?
    The "Consumer rights act" now allows consumers to reject goods that go faulty within the first 30 days and after this time, you now only have to allow the retailer one chance to repair to replace the goods and if they go wrong again, you can reject them for a refund (A full refund if it's within the first 6 months for all goods excluding motor vehicles).

There is also the Consumer contract regulations that allow you to return most goods ordered at a distance if you examine them and find they are not suitable.

These two acts alone give far more rights to the consumer than they have ever had in the past.

For a sub £100 item that is close to 1 year old, it's fairly likely that it would have simply been scrapped and a replacement unit sent out instead of it being repaired and this would probably have taken days and not weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure