Dancing in the Rain

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,162 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    We don't fail.
    We just don't always manage at this moment in time.
    Hope you have a good day.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Keeping a diary leaves no place to hide does it?

So, 2 weeks ago I was in the position of having a minimal amount of money to last until pay day and guess what I am in exactly the same position again. So I have 16 days to pay day and £60 to get me there.

I am obviously not learning the lesson.

I have taken a few days off as I have the leave and I felt I needed the days. In truth I went back to work on Saturday when I was not quite better. Anyway, tomorrow is designated a ‘get it together’ day. So cleaning, gardening, drawing up lists, menu planning and getting my head straight.

I will be starting my new bullet journal as towards the end of this current journal I have become a little slap dash. This journal will be better than the last because after filling a whole book I have a feel for what works best

I am back to work Thursday. I should be more balanced by then

I don’t know how the people on long debt repayment plans manage to keep going. I started paying this debt off in March and lately I feel it is such a loooooooonggggg thing. I know I will hang on in there until this debt has gone but…. .

In 16 days I will be below £10,000 on my debt. In single figures! Perhaps it will feel easier then?

Positives

A good thing happened yesterday. Amongst all my spending on absolute nonsense like posh chocolate I bought 2 wine glasses in a charity shop. I always buy my glasses in charity shops They were £1 each and are simple but stunning with a good weight. I love them.

I have a few things to return so another £55 there

I had my interview today and whether I get it or not I am proud of myself for identifying the role, doing the application form, passing the first interview and doing my second interview. It was a hard process. We shall see…

Back tomorrow. I hope your day went well reader :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    Be proud indeed. :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Every month tKes you towards being debt free AND you are already mortgage free. :j

You should be very, very proud.

Keep going and make the best of your get it together day.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • doingitanyway
    edited 10 May 2017 at 8:07AM
    Every month tKes you towards being debt free AND you are already mortgage free. :j

You should be very, very proud.

Keep going and make the best of your get it together day.
    Thanks for the reminder Parsniphead and I am determined to make the most of my day. Already done:
    Lamb and falafel burgers made
    Dishes washed
    Clothes washed and out drying on the line
    Paprika chicken prepped
    I am meal planning whist having my first cup of tea of the day.
    I hope your day goes well too :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    I found out I was unsuccessful at my second interview. I was surprised that I felt...relieved. I tried my very best to find more work, but now I will not be looking for any additional income streams. I have the teaching plus a full time job and that will have to be enough. I was not looking forward to working 6 days a week but I would have done it if I got it. Now I feel I have been given permission by the universe to stop.

So the question is what happens now? well I am going to sell my bike this year. That should generate a few hundred pounds.

I am also back to paying £1,050 a month instead of £800. So I need to get a grip with my shopping for food again as this is where I overspend. I have done better by using cash but I am still overspent on my food budget :o

I am thinking about switching from Ocado to Asda and getting a fortnightly shop instead of a monthly shop. The same spent but distributed differently. It might keep me out of the shops :cool:

My DF date will now be January 18 and not December 17. I will deal with any feelings of disappointment and move on :)

So it is back to the drawing board for me as I will not be working in a third job.

In other news I heard from Tesco Mobile with a 'sincere apologies' for my experience and promising to resolve the issue within 7 days. I hope they are not stalling me.

I taught tonight. It is going so well. I enjoy it (and it pays three/four times per hour the amount of the job I did not get. :p)

I got through the ups and downs of today. I hope you did too :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    Boo to job but have to say most likely for the best to be honest.
    Hope Tosco mobile get tnhings sorted out.
    Did you ever hear from the bank of doom?

• doingitanyway
    Thanks beanielou, I think you are probably right...it is for the best...
    The bank of doom sent a holding response and are investigating my complaint.
    I hope your day was more up than down :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sometimes you only know what you wanted when you hear the outcome. Don't forget the value of your free time as well.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Sorry to hear about the job DIA but if your first reaction was relief then I'm happy you didn't get it. Yes you would have done it but you may have grown to resent it. And you do already have your teaching job as a second income, more than enough I'd say.

Please don't be disappointed that your DF is a month extra to what you had planned. You have done incredibly well to get where you are, to get mortgage free etc. One month extra is nothing compared to the rest of your life living without debt and without owing anyone a penny. That's pretty amazing. Think of all those choices you will have. Save? Spend? Work less? All options that you'll have when you're debt free in 7 months from now :T
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family