What is Sacat?

Just checking my latest credit card statement. I have entries for 'Tesco Stores Sacat' and 'Sacat Marks and Spencers' that I have not seen before - these sacat transactions are additional to transactions in the usual Tesco/M&S format. Can anyone tell me what Sacat stands for or signifies - and why it has been introduced?

Comments

• RTNI
    RTNI Posts: 817 Forumite
    Barrybloke wrote: »
    Just checking my latest credit card statement. I have entries for 'Tesco Stores Sacat' and 'Sacat Marks and Spencers' that I have not seen before - these sacat transactions are additional to transactions in the usual Tesco/M&S format. Can anyone tell me what Sacat stands for or signifies - and why it has been introduced?

A quick search on Google brings up that it may be using the self checkout at Tesco's or M&S. :confused:
    Regards, Robin.
    2011 MFW # 34
    Mortgage starting balance at Sept 09 - £127,224 on 30 year term. Currently balance approx £116,945 (Updated Jan '12)
    Estimated MFD - [STRIKE]Sept 2039[/STRIKE]
    , April 2031 (in progress!)
  • CopperPlate_2
    CopperPlate_2 Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    As above - type SACAT into Google:

http://nnet-server.com/server/app/forum/ShowMessage.asp?ID=133372

Self serve checkouts - I use my cards in my local Somerfield which has the self-serve checkout and it always appears in my statement with the name of the store.
  • Mozette
    Mozette Posts: 2,247 Forumite
    Gosh, I was just wondering that today! M&S self service check out. The answer is always on MSE!
  • PBA
    PBA Posts: 1,521 Forumite
    Interesting point to add to this thread is that, if you've got a card like Abbey 5% supermarket cashback or Barclaycard 2% supermarket cashback if you use the selfscan tills in M&S you get the extra cashback whereas if you use the normal tills you don't. Not that any proper MSE would buy food in M&S anyway, but I work next to M&S simply food and temptation sometimes gets the better of me!
  • Mozette
    Mozette Posts: 2,247 Forumite
    PBA wrote: »
    Not that any proper MSE would buy food in M&S anyway, but I work next to M&S simply food and temptation sometimes gets the better of me!
    :o You're right, but it is lovely...:o
  • RichyRich
    RichyRich Posts: 2,090 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Milk in M&S is the same price as in Tesco...
    #145 Save £12k in 2016 Challenge: £12,062.62/£12,000.00 Beginning Balance: £5,027.78 CHALLENGE MET
    #060 Save £12k in 2017 Challenge: £11,03.70/£12,000.00 Beginning Balance: £12,976.79 Shortfall: £996.30:eek:
    This is the secret message.
  • These SACAT things seem to have very small amounts next to them...does anyone know if these are additional charges?
  • jonjamie1970
    jonjamie1970 Posts: 488 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 18 November 2010 at 1:59PM
    It means scanning, when you used the self scan tills at those particular stores. Thats what you spent through the till, no additional charge. Keep a spending record and you will be able to check.
  • Thank you! :)
  • SACAT stands for Semi-Attended Customer Activated Terminal - it's the self service checkout.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure