Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    fedupandskint
    2012 100 Day Challenge
    • 29th Dec 11, 1:27 PM
    2012 100 Day Challenge 29th Dec 11 at 1:27 PM
    Following on from the last couple of years I thought it was time to start a nice new New Year thread

This thread has helped me a great deal and also the lovely kerrywoman and gothrockchic

Now can it help you too?

The last few challenges have focused on not buying something that's a habit for 100 days. Now this has worked well and something else developed too.

Concentrating on using up what we have stashed away first of all then finding a feeling of joy in using something up and creating a space in the cupboards and drawers and so on

Then it became a happy habit to put 1 into a pot everytime something was used it. I did the earlier this year and saved up 40+ which I put towards a new coat. When I bought the coat I had a very big smile on my face when I thought about how I had saved up for it instead of constantly spending on shopping tv beauty offers.

This is the first year in a long time when I don't have any outstanding spending in shopping tv and that's a good feeling

I've got there at last - conquered one of my demons It took a couple of years to get there but I got there in the end.

My ideas are these. What do you think?
    1. 100 days of not buying of not doing something thats a habit.
    2. Use up as much as we can from the stocks
    3. Put 1 in the pot everytime you do - save it up for a treat you really want (not the one you habitually buy)
    Everyone's welcome, there's no membership list. However, there is a cost if you want to contribute - the 1 into the pot each time so of the stocks are used up. If this doesn't apply then there's no cost at all!
    SPC no.16 NSD July 23/31 2015 GC
    crazy clothes 2015 9.99/100 clothes no spend July 27/31
    final unsecured debt to repay currently 12901.25 VSP no.121 78.65
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
Page 15
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,986Posts Today

7,789Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @JulianClary: CILLA BLACK ANYONE WHO HAD A HEART https://t.co/E25wIuhoHH via @YouTube

• Surprised at a few nasty replies re cilla. The respectful thing when someone dies is say nice or say nowt. Grieving relatives may be reading

• You can judge your age by what #cilla means to you. For me its not the singing, its blind date and surprise surprise. Sad news #ripcilla

• Follow Martin