PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 15th May 2017

Comments

• bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Ooo hello, sorry I'm late, just haven't had time to get online. Nothing to worry about :o

Got rather a lot to do here at the mo, seem to have diary full of appointments and stuff, at least one today was nice with a well overdue hair cut!!!

Had some good news about ominous lump (mine, not Guinea pig this time :eek:) and that's all tested and nothing to be alarmed by. Phew. Think I've fixed a shower leak with the help of my dad, or he had my help, lol. And a complete !!!!-up with my new blinds:eek:.

Lots going on with coming up to the end of my course, I'm on target so far but the work has ramped up and it's taking a bit of discipline to do it...

Thank you for the lists, I'm probably not in this week if I'm honest. But I seem to be plugging away and it's not in too much of a state.

Much hugs to any poorlies on the flylady sofa, and welcomes to new flyladies too xxx
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Get well soon wishes to your DH, Iona.

I'm confessing right now to absolutely minimal flying today. WM has run, but yesterday's washing is still struggling to dry, so I'm not really sure why I bothered. It's rained pretty much all day here, so the washing is hanging on the line inside. I changed our bedding when I got home this evening. Obviously the thought of even more washing hanging around tomorrow seemed really attractive....

Apart from that, nothing. But somehow I have only just sat down with a cuppa. Oh yes - I have ordered a new iron.....is it wrong that that was the best part of my day :think:
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,290 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all

I am here, very snuffly, dont particularly feel ill but I have an awful head cold so have cancelled all my gym/classes until later in the week. This does give me a lot more time!

Paid stuff x 2 today, job no. 2 from home. It is raining so I think DH will not be able to work (the job he is currently doing requires dry weather) and DS1 is not at work so hopefully they can take care of meals/dishwasher etc.

Right, shower and dressed. Dont feel particularly motivated!
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Morning all,

The money has finally been returned to us, hurrah :j

Been up since 5.30 and loads done. WM unloaded and on heated airer, kiddies fed and dressed, done some online banking and WUDUPA. Also vacuumed the utility room and made packed lunches.

Two hours paid stuff this morning, then home to do some work for DH and some general admin. Really wish this rain would b&&&er off.

Thinking of you and your DH Iona xx

Off to make myself an omelette then commence the school run - onwards! xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    YL hope you feel better soon x

Rainy day here. I have to pop to the chemist at some point but the rest of the day I have no excuses not to fly.

Wm is on and kitchen windowsill wiped. Back soon x
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Off to sorting office to collect a 'sign for' package

It is rainig atm, I want to do the garden and weed today, but I am not going to get wet doing it, so I need a plan B..................
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,418 Forumite
    Very pleased you've got your money back, atb :)
    Good to see you, Bossy.

Thanks for all good wishes for my DH.
    There has been a muddle over submission dates for my next assignment (relating to the presentation I did on Saturday). Now I have to complete a 1500 word assignment by a week today :mad: Not a happy bunny!

I must fly in the garden at some point today - it's getting desperate out there. And I need exercise and fresh air.

So, plan for this morning is:
    - make a cuppa for DH
    - shower, then S&S bathroom
    - file papers from last night's lecture and others that I have printed out this morning (I can't read off the computer screen because I need to highlight things to have any hope of remembering them)
    - Spend at least 3 hours on the assignment - must concentrate!
    - S&S kitchen and ensuite when DH has finished in both places
    - Make soup for lunch
    - Gardening for an hour or two
    - More reading if time, but a few zzz might take priority - I definitely don't get enough sleep at night: whatever time I go to bed, I always wake at 5.15 in the summer :(
    - Stir fry for tea
    - Out this evening for a meeting re my placement

Will catch up later. (((Hugs))) and sticks all round as needed - I may just need to keep hold of my own spoons today.
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 17 May 2017 at 10:24AM
    First HHC results

Towels collected and bunged in the wm
    Ground floor vaccummed
    Bathroom S&s
    Ds2 put on school bus
    Cat fed
    Bedside table emptied
    Downstairs bins emptied outside (in to wheelies not just out of the window)

Good luck with the essay Ionafan and I hope your DH is on the mend again.

Kazwookie Hope plan B is a good one X

Bossy Glad you are ok X

Honey bear congratulations on completing your frog diet X

Welcome to the new people X

I'm just finishing my strawberries and bran flakes then off for another HHC x

2nd HHC
    Towels in TD
    Toilet deep cleaned
    Towel rail cleaned
    Bed side table cleaned with cream cleaner
    Phone call taken

Having 5 mins on sofa then off on another HHC
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    ahhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Been to collect package
    Plan B is not yet in operations...........it is chucking it down now......................
    I am sat about on internet....................not good.
    I've sorted out underware draw and a 2 draw bit of the wardrobe........dumped all old and damage stuff.
    I've sort out my handbag
    I've cleaned the kitchen
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,887 Forumite
    Absolutely bucketing down here. Got soaked doing the grocery shop, but it's done. Meal plan involves a lot of freezer diving for the next week or so.
    WM just finishing, ditto DW. DD's bed changed. Dusted dining room this morning and rehoused the spiders that had taken up residence. Bedroom dusted, including the venetian blinds which were dusty in the extreme. I need to get the vacuum cleaner out but have to dash off to get my hair cut in a mo. It'll be a waste of time in this weather, and I'll look like an untamed poodle as soon as I get out. And not in a good or cute way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure