Baby steps towards mortgage freedom

Comments

• Oh that's so sad :(

They really do become a big part of the family don't they, I always try to think about all the years of happiness we have with them!

Only a day and a half to go til February! Hopefully it will be a better month for you.
  • Finally work has been sorted :T. Due to someone else handing in their notice Mr Moomin has managed to negotiate a pay rise and a performance related bonus which will run over the next few years. The other person was the same level as Mr Moomin so in effect he will have to do both jobs. It is unlikely that I will be returning as no part time roles but going to let my maternity leave run so I can accrue holiday pay until May. I also had a nice surprise as they gave me a bonus before the whole re-jig is finalised.

Feel very happy and relieved it is all now sorted and we can get on with our plans. We have also been paid so February's overpayment looks like this:

254.03 - part of the above mentioned bonus
    200.00 - regular overpayment from joint account
    66.64 - money left over from January after all bills paid
    50.00 - regular overpayment from personal account
    1.90 - money left over from January personal money
    0.15 - interest from e-saving accounts

I will transfer this on the 6th after our monthly payment goes out as apparently if you make the payment within 10 days of your normal payment it can screw up your monthly DD amount. So totals for this year so far are:

February OP: 572.72/240.00
    2017 OPS: 1,538.06/2,880.00

Renovation Fund: 1,000.00/5,000.00

Now I just want to put all the worry behind us and get my mojo back as it has been very lacking! Will update tomorrow with my February plans. I saw something on Facebook that said

"I've decided that my 2017 is going to start February 1st . . This was a free trail month"

:rotfl: - this is the approach I am gonna take! So here's to a great 2017 everyone!!!
  • So spent the morning shuffling aload of stuff into the living room that can be got rid of. Will try trade in websites before fleabay and then if anything left over I will take them to the charity shop. Then went out to Hobbycraft for a mooch round - managed to resist buying more fabric (very proud of my restraint). Button and me then had beans on toast for lunch and she is having a nap.

Aims for February:

- Actually get some stuff loaded on fleabay
    - Keep within food shopping budget
    - Try to think of some interesting things to do in half term with the kids

I am half expecting a call from school today as Munchkin was up at half 4 this morning with ear ache but said he felt better after some calpol so off he went. We managed to get most of the ENT Consultant costs back from our trip last week so all it cost was £9. The money we got back went into the renovation funds.

Hoping the rain will clear up so I can get out for a walk this afternoon - Button is either teething or getting the start of separation anxiety as she doesn't let me put her down and get more than 2 steps away before she is screaming. I am consoling myself with the fact I most be super cool and give the best cuddles for her to want to spend all her time glued to my hip. Thank goodness she is still willing to go down for her nap!

:)
  • What a weekend! - Munchkin made it all the way through school on Thursday but promptly ended up vomiting once home so had Friday off. There has been a bug going round the class and about half of them have been off last week. He is back in today but still has a slight cough.

I ended up catching said bug and spent Saturday night vomiting meaning I had to sleep on the sofa so that I could run back and forth to the bathroom as it is downstairs. Then yesterday Button had a really high temperature and could hardly stay awake so ended up at walk in center as I was worried about dehydration. We got sent away with antibiotics, paracetamol and dioralytes with instructions to get her to a & e if she didn't start improving. Luckily she seems much better today but gave me a bit of a panic :(.

In non-sickness related news I went to my sewing class Friday which I really enjoyed and manged much better than I thought I would :j. The rest of the ladies were lovely and we are all going back later in the month for a follow up session which I am looking forward to.

I made my February OP this morning so should be able to update signature once it has been applied to the account. Hoping to maybe manage an extra smaller OP this month if I can get myself organised to get some ebaying done.

Hope everyone has a good week!
  • Sorry to hear you have had horrid sickness bugs to contend with. Being a mummy is tiring enough without feeling poorly yourself isn't it! Hope Button is back to her normal self now.

I am trying to gear myself up to list more on ebay - in fact, I am going to go and list something right now! I don't know if you use an App for it on your phone or tablet, but it is much easier listing that way than via the normal computer.

Good luck! x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Thanks atypicalblonde - I have never used the app but will have a look at it, anything to make the whole process less painful.

Button is still on the mend which is a relief so just got to keep an eye on her temperature to make sure it doesn't go back up. I on the other hand seem to be getting worse - what is it with bugs you catch off kids that manage to completely floor you??? I am hoping to be better for Friday as I had planned to eat a lot of junk for my birthday but as I can't taste anything it seems like a pointless plan atm.

I loaded up a load of books yesterday and will get just over £28 for them. Just going to check with my mum to see if she has any to offload before submitting the box for postage.

Weather here is definitely brighter :T I may even risk stating it seems to have warmed up a tad. This is good as it meant me and Button got our walk this morning as I think when your ill fresh air is one of the best things. Anyway I am off back to my hot squash and a quick tidy before little one wakes up.
  • I ventured onto Music Magpie today and made £6 in 5 minutes - very happy with that :j

I hope you get back to full strength very quickly x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Well I am feeling less bunged up today so hoping yesterday was the worst of it. Button and Munchkin are both looking considerably better as well :T.

I joined up to YouGov yesterday so will see how that goes. Any cash outs can go straight to mortgage but I imagine it will take a while to reach the £50 so hoping to get 2 * £50 this year. Mum has also said she has some books she is looking rid of so she is going to drop them round at some point soon for me to add to the ones I have.

Otherwise I have no real news - weather is back to being miserable so have stuck the heating on for a while to try and warm up!
  • Birthday weekend was fab. Mr Moomin and the monsters got me a jigsaw, two workout tops and some chocolates. My parents and grandparents gave me some cheques which I am just waiting to clear before being sensible and OPing most of it as I really don't need anything atm. So was very spoilt and even got a fluttering of snow which was lovely.

I did eat way too much junk though and ended up putting on 6lbs over the weekend so I am off for a very heavy cardio session at the gym this evening :( - on the plus side it will give me a chance to show off one of my new tops!

Apart from the above mentioned OP I have no money saving news. Will need to try and get back on track with my NSDs as these have slid quite a bit. This week will be a bit spendy though as I have promised Mr Moomin a homecooked dinner tomorrow (no idea what!) and then I have another sewing class Wednesday which is £12.

Hope everyone is well :)
  • Well love is in the air in the Moomin House - went to Mr Ts this morning and then butcher to pick up stuff for dinner. We are having nachos, slow cooked fajita and then brownies. Figured using the slow cooker meant all the faffing round was done before Munchkin got back from school, plus without him here I got to lick the baking spoon ;).

So got brownies in the oven and started on fajita before Button decided today was not a day for napping and I had to finish it all off with her on my hip - it is amazing what you can do with just one free hand! Lucky she is cute and can get away with these things :D.

Online mortgage account updated and so is my signature - we have knocked three whole years off since we brought our house :T. Planning one more OP this month like I said yesterday and this news just shows the difference those payments are making. Next mini milestone is to get it under £145k so going to push and see if I can do that by next month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure