DMP Mutual Support Thread - Part 12

Comments

• kram
    kram Posts: 136 Forumite
    kram wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips, I was considering the self manged route & cca's etc but the only thing that is stopping me is that I'm due to renew my mortgage next year & did not want to cause any problems with the renewal. Am I being over cautious about this.

K

Anyone got thoughts or opinions on this please. :j

Tia
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,870 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Anyone got thoughts or opinions on this please. :j

Tia

Renewing your mortgage with an existing lender should not be a problem, as far as i am aware, they do not perform a credit check on customers who renew their mortgage..

Going self managed is entirely, up to you and wont affect anything, likewise sending CCA requests is your right under sec 77/79 CCA 1978, and again, has no bearing on anything else.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • kram
    kram Posts: 136 Forumite
    sourcrates wrote: »
    Renewing your mortgage with an existing lender should not be a problem, as far as i am aware, they do not perform a credit check on customers who renew their mortgage..

Going self managed is entirely, up to you and wont affect anything, likewise sending CCA requests is your right under sec 77/79 CCA 1978, and again, has no bearing on anything else.

Thanks for clarifying that for me.

I am going to read through the previous thread & have a good look around the nedcab site do you recommend anything else to look at re going self managed.
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I also received the PRA letter saying they have bought the debt from Barclaycard last month, mine defaulted in april. Yesterday I called SC to update them of the change & the advisor said that they were getting PRA Barclaycard enquies on every other call?

I'll be watching out for letters from PRA/BC if they are bulk selling off to PRA at the moment :D

Mind you, despite the pain in the rear interest that we had to fight and the pain in the rear dispute over default date - BC did eventually roll over and have been quite decent ever since, especially about token payments - they have never moaned at us once.
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • Anyone had to deal with Natwest? Do they like to add charges to their loans & overdrafts so far all I've had is the monthly interest added to the loan.
    Student nurse 2018 to 2020
    Debt: DMP (with Payplan) £8194 - 6.6 years left
  • Hello again, I want to send letters to all my creditors to tell them my situation has changed and I can’t pay anything for the next 6 months. However I also want to send CCA requests to half of them as well as letters to some to ask them to default me. What order do you recommend I send them? Does it matter if i send all 3 letters at the same time?
    #7... 3 - 6 month Emergency Fund Challenge (part 2)
    #25... 2024 Cash Envelope (or online) Saving Challenge

• Enough17
    Enough17 Posts: 27 Forumite
    I posted yesterday and not received any replied yet. Just not sure if posting in the right place?

We too have now received letters from PRA re mbna cc debts.

Getting worried I will get a charge on property. Spent yesterday getting numbers together to submit to step change. Just really want reassurance this is best course of action. Had no contact with dca's or made any payments in 10 months. Just want to get it sorted now.
    50k debt - all unsecured
    Mortgage - approx 90k

Can they put charge on property?
    Thanks for reading.
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Hi Enough

I can’t comment on the property charge as I don’t know anything about that. Hang around and someone with experience will be along to advise you.

I’ve sent my letters of offers with my I&E to PRA regarding our MBNA accounts. Will wait and see what their response will be.
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • January2015
    edited 7 January 2018 at 7:16PM
    Enough17 wrote: »
    I posted yesterday and not received any replied yet. Just not sure if posting in the right place?

We too have now received letters from PRA re mbna cc debts.

Getting worried I will get a charge on property. Spent yesterday getting numbers together to submit to step change. Just really want reassurance this is best course of action. Had no contact with dca's or made any payments in 10 months. Just want to get it sorted now.
    50k debt - all unsecured
    Mortgage - approx 90k

Can they put charge on property?
    Thanks for reading.

Hi

I can't comment on property charges - what I can comment on is that I had £95k unsecured debt, and we have approx £250k equity in our property. We have been slogging away at our debts for 3 years. 2 of those years have been token payments. Not one single creditor has even mentioned securing a charge on our property.

My advice is keep communicating with your creditors and, from my experience, they are fine. I personally have not, and am still not, worrying about any of my unsecured debts being charged against my home.

Start the ball rolling with SC and sit back and don't worry until you find you need to worry. It will likely never happen - seriously.
  • January2015
    Hello again, I want to send letters to all my creditors to tell them my situation has changed and I can’t pay anything for the next 6 months. However I also want to send CCA requests to half of them as well as letters to some to ask them to default me. What order do you recommend I send them? Does it matter if i send all 3 letters at the same time?

I would put it all in a single letter :)

Write and advise you cannot afford to pay anything for 6 months, but you are committed to paying off your debts and in order to support you, you formally request the account(s) are defaulted as promptly as possible. Make it clear you realise the impact this will have on your credit reference files, but you also have not taken the decision to enter a DMP lightly. Finally, just put that in order to ensure all your records for the account (s) are up to date you are also making a CCA request (use the correct wording which you can find on this site - sorry, don't have time to locate the link for you right now).

Hope this helps :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure