Tesco Clubcard - Extra Points Goods

Comments

• cpjackso
    cpjackso Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Post
    Managed to snag 20 boxes today thanks OP!
  • wolvoman
    wolvoman Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    There's 2 things that worry me about this:

1. That Tesco cotton on very quickly to this and either take away points, end the promotion early or, worse still, terminate your Clubcard membership.

2. What on earth do you do with all these frozen items? Do you all own walk-in freezers or something?
  • cpjackso
    First Post
    It would be a very bad move by Tesco to remove clubcard points as these items have been paid for in good faith.

I have a chest freezer which is now full (not just of burgers), have lots of BBQ and feed my dog them ;)
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Have just been on the blower to 2 tesco stores in the area. One store doesn't have the capacity to sell me 1000 packets of burgers and the other...supposedly the largest Tesco store in Europe when it opened last year, can't bulk buy for that many. I can order up to 20 packets though:rolleyes:

There are so many tesco stores round here, I'm debating whether to visit them every day and clearing the shelf each time I go...but this would mean my greed for a really cheap holiday would deprive everyone else of the offer. But would the stores order in more to cope with demand?!

Last day for getting points in store in time for august voucher mailing is 31st July...I rang clubcard to check.
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • cpjackso
    First Post
    Stock systems compensate for a surge in demand by making stock levels ever larger. Some stores won't even know whats going on before an extra-points (or whatever) offer is over and they're lumbered with loads of boxes of toe separators/orchid bags/burgers that won't shift etc.

Tesco stores probably have multiple deliveries per day - so you should be OK wiping the shelves daily.. In fact if you want 100's of them - I suggest you ask a member of staff if they have any in the back because if they don't have space on the shelf extras will be sent to the warehouse to fill the shelf when it become empty.. I think this maybe more invisible to Tesco - rather than ordering 1000 at once too.

Don't even try the sausages - they are hideous (like a plasticy skin or something!!).

Getting sick+tired of till operator saying "Having a BBQ?" - don't want to explain "Actually I'm just buying hundreds of burgers so that I can go on holiday".
  • bylromarha
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Are you buying up the entire stock that the store has? If so, do you get all the points the offer says you should get?

And what are you doing with all your burgers? I have about 10 stores I could easily visit in one day...however the burgers bought from the first store would be defrosted by the time I completed my round. My freezer will not cope with anything else due to the mispriced thread bargains...;)

The beauty of bulk buying them was that I could deliver them, still frozen, to a local charity. They can't use defrosted burgers and it seems criminal to throw that much food away for the sake of a bargain.
  • cpjackso
    First Post
    I've got around 100 burgers - a few packs of sausages. Feeding them to the dogs and having lots of BBQ's. Have filled someone else's freezer with burgers too (they take up much less space if you take them out of the cardboard packaging!!). Giving them away to friends as well. Not going to get much more than another 100 - I'm just helping my points balance along - I'm using the tesco finest card for extra points ;).

Wondered about donating them to a 'soup kitchen' (or whatever) - but don't really know where to go etc.

The burgers taste fine for the first 20 or so that you eat - but you feel like being sick afterwards ;). Considering their supposed to be organic - they don't taste very natural - OK on bread rolls though.
  • thegoon
    thegoon Posts: 482 Forumite
    i have 50 burgers being delivered today and another 50 to my girlfriends in carmarthen on saturday! If you phone cus serv and ask them then they will do it no probs and no quibbles over amount or clubcard points
    Trophies are like Buses, you wait 26 years.
    Then 3 come along at once!!!!
  • bylromarha
    I've been Money Tipped!
    thegoon wrote:
    i have 50 burgers being delivered today and another 50 to my girlfriends in carmarthen on saturday! If you phone cus serv and ask them then they will do it no probs and no quibbles over amount or clubcard points

Head office CS? Do they do food orders?!

My local stores CS aren't having any of it. 30 max I can order.
  • sukey13
    sukey13 Posts: 278 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    thegoon

did you really get 50 burgers turn up and all the points?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure