Free Ikea PAYG mobile sim card plus £3 free credit

Options
Former_MSE_Archna
Former_MSE_Archna Posts: 1,903 Forumite
First Post
edited 29 April 2009 at 12:16PM in Mobiles
What's the deal?

Ikea is offering 10,000 free PAYG sim cards, plus £3 free credit on a first come, first served basis. As Ikea call prices are some of the cheapest around this is a good freebie.

How to get one

Simply fill in your details on the Ikea page and the first 10,000 to do so before 5 May will get a free sim with £3 credit loaded on. A sim card's the special chip you put in your phone to give it its ID.

Anything else?

You'll need an unlocked handset to be able to use the sim. Read the Unlock Your Mobile article for full details.

You only have 30 days from when you receive the sim to use the free credit, after this it'll expire. You can get another £2 credit by signing up to the automatic top up service, but this will involve registering your card details for a continuous payment to be taken when your credit falls below £3.

Only one sim per household.

Related Article: Cheapest Mobile

tmobileikea.jpg

(Ikea piggybacks on the T-mobile network to supply its service, Asda on Vodafone)

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• Money_Maker_Shaker
    Options
    I'm getting the error message "your credit card needs a 16 digit number" when I ave entered a 16 digit number!

Looks like the site is still having problems.
    :j Go on, shake your money maker! :j
  • mcjordi
    mcjordi Posts: 4,238 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mine will be dispatched within 3-5 days
    Sealed pot challenger # 10
    1v100 £15/300
  • catcha125
    Options
    Its a good deal, but why go with Ikea when Asda is cheaper. Myself and my family have been with Asda now for a few months and had no problems whatsoever. They use the Vodafone network so we have great coverage, we even kept our own numbers. At 8p per minute to any network and 4p a text you cannot go wrong.:D:D:D:D
  • Money_saving_Martyn
    Options
    catcha125 has a good point. OK, so a free £3 credit might be a good steal - but you'll confuse everyone else with your new number that you keep for one month!

Asda PAYG is to be cheaper for normal usage (UK texts, UK calls) so I'm sticking with my Asda sim.

An Asda sim is 47p to buy, but they were doing a deal in-store; if you buy £5 top up, you get the sim for free!! (not sure if that's still on)

http://www.asda-mobile.com/

Happy Money Saving :money:
    Please note: I am NOT Martin Lewis, just somebody else called Martyn that likes money saving!
  • raven-333
    raven-333 Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thank you
    Your SIM card will be issued within 3 to 5 working days
  • LauraR123
    LauraR123 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    Does anybody know of a sim card where you don't need to top up a certain amout each month, just as and when you need to? Its for my dad who doesn't use his phone very much at all. Thanks in advance.
  • lolly5648
    lolly5648 Posts: 2,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I also use Asda and make about 1 call a month.
  • Orkney_Hiker
    Options
    Does anyone know which network Ikea use? I hope it's not Orange since that would be useless for most parts of Orkney!
  • stu369
    stu369 Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    LauraR123 wrote: »
    Does anybody know of a sim card where you don't need to top up a certain amout each month, just as and when you need to? Its for my dad who doesn't use his phone very much at all. Thanks in advance.
    That's any Pay As You Go sim card, like this one from Ikea or the one from Asda which is cheaper to use (apart from the free £3 from Ikea)
  • stu369
    stu369 Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone know which network Ikea use? I hope it's not Orange since that would be useless for most parts of Orkney!
    T-Mobile
    http://www.familymobile.co.uk/about
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family