DMP Mutual Support Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• :j Yay! A shiny new thread to see us into a shiny happy 2009:j
    Well, that's my Christmas wish anyway:D

Brokenhearted - you've done amazingly well - only one creditor left :T I'm looking forward to the day when I can give that news. I suppose it would still be classed as a DMP - dont leave us though, we need all the support we can get!
    Murraymint and Newlywed - yep, I know those feelings very well. I always used to think "I've worked hard all year, we deserve/are entitled to a holiday ... blah blah" but we never saved up before hand (well not much - just jiggled things around to be able to go) and do you know what, I never totally enjoyed our last holiday because we were in financial trouble before we went and being away and spending money we could really not afford just made things a whole lot worse. I spent the second part of the holiday worrying about how I was going to "fix" everything when I got home. That kind of defeats the whole object of going away to relax ... I couldnt ... I knew we were in trouble and I knew there was no "quick fix" to be had when we got home. I've really had to tell myself to "get a grip" and that no-one is going to die if we dont have a family holiday abroad next year (or the year after - gulp!). I've now learned that once we are in a position to SAVE for one then we can and go away without all the worry about what I/we will have to suffer when we get back.
    It's so hard to get yourself in the right frame of mind to help yourself when you are in the "I miss everything" phase, my favourite is the "its not fair, everyone else can X... Y... or Z ... why cant I/we" - oh yes, I'm good with that one:rotfl: . But you know, I'm learning that those moments pass (some not as quickly as others mind you, but they do pass) and I have to pop onto our support thread to help me - and it really does help (it's not all just facts and figures on here, for me, just knowing how other people are coping/dealing with things in general really does help).

So, welcome everyone to our Shiny New Thread and keep posting everyone ... every little helps :rotfl:

Sunshine
    Official DMP Member No ... wait for it ... 180!!! :D
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2009 #397
    :jSuccessfully reclaimed Abbey bank charges under hardship criteria 22/05/09:j
  • maz1964
    maz1964 Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    hiya everyone

ive missed you all, and im sorry ive been away tooooooooo long

unfortunately, things have happened a lot these past few months and ive had to really look at my life and debts and so forth

so i hope to be back with any support and bear with me, its nearly new year so maybe a fresh start

will be back later

take care for now MAZ
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 1525

"Knowledge is the Power to get Debt Free":j

Truecall device, stops all the unneccesary phone calls - my sanity has been restored and the peace in the house is truely priceless!:rotfl:
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Do I still count as being on a DMP when there is only one creditor left on a reduced payment?

Don't see why not. Just one pro rata payment, that is all. ;)

This thread is about the 'support' more than any technicality.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Hey Maz, we've missed you too!

Hope everything is okay and we'll all look forward to having you back soon.

Take Care

Sunshine
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Well despite me writing to my creditors with full budget breakdown as well as CCCS number I have received threatening letters and texts off Barclaycard and MBNA today.Oh well I must send them another £1 each this month, as that's all I can afford:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    They're threatening me wth prosecution, bring it on they will be laughed out of county court:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • JES_F1
    JES_F1 Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    newlywed wrote: »
    And just to add....

I miss spending sprees on clothes and shoes (now shop in charity shops and ebay to get more clothes for my money ;)

I miss holidays and when everyone asks where you're going this year... it stinks!

Just have to remember I never really had the money for those things and that's why I'm in this mess ;)

Hello :hello:

I know exactly how you feel! Though I've never been into going on "major shopping trips" (as I can't bear wandering aimlessly around shops), I've liked buying nice things. For example, when I wanted a DAB radio, I bought one for £100, though I'm sure one for half that price would have been absolutely fine! I also enjoyed going away for a long weekend almost whenever I felt like it (about three or four times a year) as well as having a week away somewhere.

Though I definitely miss doing those things, it was such a relief to have had my lightbulb moment and face up to the fact that the credit cards were financing those fabulous weekends away rather than me! By selling stuff and being savvy by taking advantage of deals, I'm hoping that I might be able to treat myself to a cheap and low-key weekend away next autumn but this will obviously depend on how everything is going with my debts.

:j
    Debt Jan 2008: £45,566. *** June 2013: DEBT FREE! ***
    Paid back just under £50,000 due to some interest added.

Dealt with my debt through a Step Change
    (CCCS) DMP.
    DMP Mutual Support Thread Member #240.
  • mbs1
    mbs1 Posts: 186 Forumite
    Hello all, I thought id pop in and say hello,

Hopefuly as of January next year, ill be on a DMP with CCCS, just waiting to hear back from them.

Ive got a diary in the DFW board if anyone wants to take a look...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1312521&highlight=mbs1

I just hope all my creditors will agree...
  • mbs1
    P.S do i get a DMP Mutual Support Thread Member number!
  • Hi mbs1 and welcome :D

Just been having a look at your other thread - very impressive, well done you! I'm impressed with your multi-tasking skills - I wish my OH was as talented :rotfl:

Any news on the little one's arrival?

Best of luck with everything. Dont forget to pop over onto this thread to say hi and let us know how you are getting on although I imagine things will get a bit hectic when the new little 'un arrives.

Rayday2 usually gives out the numbers but she's been a wee bit busy with other things at the moment. When a new thread starts (as this is part 5) the first post usually has all the members names and numbers on and I dont have a clue as to how we can "copy" it over to keep the numbers up to date. Maybe that's something the lovely Fermi can help with :confused:

Of course, you dont need a number ... but its just nice to have one and I'm sure someone will be along soon who can do that for you.

Sunshine
  • mbs1
    Thanks,

If OH can keep her legs crossed for 2 weeks, he'll be born by c-section on 7th Jan, but could go into labour at anytime really tbh.

Just waiting for cccs to say the DMP is up and running and that my creditors have accepted my small offer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure