The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    There's currently a glossy mag offering a well branded eyeliner as a free gift. I bought it as that way I get the mag and the freebie goes towards dd's birthday in July.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi Parsniphead

Just been catching up. One thing I wondered was if clutter is one of your main irritants, could you try keeping a tally right by the front door of items you removed each day? Make it an aim to never leave the house without taking one thing out with you. I did that for a while.

I think you are doing really well, you are trying and that really is the main thing. It's always easier to dwell on what we haven't done than what we have.

Keep going! Team Parsnip!

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,036 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    An emergency fund of £10 is a lot better than no emergency fund. :) Eyeliner and multi vitamins sound like a good idea to me, too.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks guys. You are all so supportive and it very appreciated.

Today has been better. I have been in training at work so no sitting around which is good as I don't react well to sitting around.

Tonight I have been messing around with DS. I love it when he is just a rough and tumble boy, it makes us both very happy.

I have made, or should say, started a list of what I want to achieve in the next three weeks and throughout the summer break. I think I may need a year off really to get it finished. :rotfl: One thing I do know is I need to start as soon as I finish tomorrow night. I'm definately one of those people who needs to get started at the. Eg inning at the day to keep motivated.

I should be heading off to bed now as I have to be up again in 6hrs.

Night all.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Cherryfudge
    Options
    Loving that you and your DS just had fun. :)

My neighbour actually did just take a year out and lived off savings to pursue his talent/dreams. About two years later he's still at it. Maybe you and I will get our years out that we could 'just do with'. :D

• parsniphead
    Options
    That would be lovely cherryfudge. I know i wouldnt be bored. I do.wonder if i will even be able to retire. My private pension is all but worthless now and with the retirement age moving further and further away it seems hopeless

Well done your neighbour for being sensible and having the savings to do that. Good for him. :beer:

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Streamlined. Yesterday I realised that's what I wanted for my life. De cluttering is good and all the other things but unless I get to the point of streamlining everything.

You see do I need 300 pairs of knickers and 4 billion pairs of socks not including the odd ones (I exaggerate of course ;)).

I have been doing some jobs this morning and I have some things to do this afternoon and tonight. I plan a fun weekend with the little one then Monday morning the real fun starts. :j

This morning was payday. :j I'm going full on frugal this months and I'm really looking forward to the challenge.

I hope you all have a great weekend.

• Cherryfudge
    Options
    You see do I need 300 pairs of knickers and 4 billion pairs of socks not including the odd ones (I exaggerate of course ;)).

I 'konmaried' my sock drawer a while ago and it really made an appreciable difference. I haven't found myself running short of them but it's so nice not to have to see ones I don't like but haven't worn out.

• m_c
    m_c Posts: 79 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Streamlined. Yesterday I realised that's what I wanted for my life. De cluttering is good and all the other things but unless I get to the point of streamlining everything

I've been trying to streamline my life for years, but it's still full of clutter :-/
    I suspect my problem is trying to do that much at once, that at times, nothings seems to progress. Or the clutter just gets moved from one area to another.

I'd love to be really organised, but I just can't seem to manage it.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    kondoing my underwear drawer really helped me.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure