Barclays

Comments

• d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I have been into Barclays they said I have to contact customer service and when I did they keep saying the account it’s closed and they can’t help me in further. Me contacting Barclays about the issue it’s pointless

Have you tried writing to Barclays? Or speaking to a manager in branch?

Fraud isn't something usually dealt with by the agents you speak to on the phone...
    ====
  • d123
    Well I’m not going to give up on there it’s removed .

You committed the fraud, why do you think a fraud marker is going to be removed?
    ====
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite

CIFAS is taken very very seriously, no one is playing games. Not least the bank. As they themselves are under regulatory scrutiny. Unfortunately there's a consequence to breaking the rules. You can stomp around as much as you like. But you'll find nothing will change.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary

I have made a note in my diary to see what follows ........in 6 years!
  • ashleycha74
    ashleycha74 Posts: 17 Forumite
    All sounds harsh but I guess it’s the truth. The truth hurts
  • Jonmenzies
    Jonmenzies Posts: 48 Forumite
    Hi. All I will say from my experience that once the marker is on, it stays on.

In the late 1990's I applied to my own bank Girobank for a loan. It was declined and a fraud marker put on my file for 6 years.

When I called the Alliance & Leicester Giro they told me it would not get removed because on my application I said my employer was British Telecom but when they checked payments into my account they were made by Adecco Alfred Marks and not BT. I told the person I worked at the BT offices answering calls made to the 100 number (Inland Operator) and that is what I wrote on the loan application. She said that was fraud as they were not my employer.

The upshot of it all was I went until I was 26 or 27 before I could get credit.

Sorry if that is not what you want to hear.
  • xylophone wrote: »
    Did the company realise that a mistake had been made and ask Barclays for the cash to be returned?

Did Barclays contact you concerning the matter?

Did you return the money?

They'll have withdrawn it immediately in cash or transferred it on.
    DEBT FREE!

Debt free by Xmas 2014: £3555.67/£4805.67 (73.99%)
    Debt free by Xmas 2015: £1250/£1250 (100.00%)
  • ashleycha74
    ashleycha74 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Barclays it’s not giving me no information because the account it’s closed so I don’t know so I can’t answer them questions
  • d123
    Barclays it’s not giving me no information because the account it’s closed so I don’t know so I can’t answer them questions

You aren't asking the right people, have you gone in and asked to discuss the issue in a branch? have you tried writing a letter in to their head office?

you cant expect a customer services telephone agent to discuss a fraud case.

They've rightly put a fraud marker on you, if you want it resolved you'll need to put the effort in (though it's unlikely they will actually remove it).

Could you also answer the questions posed?

How much money did you take?

Did you return all the money taken?
    ====
  • Chalkius
    Chalkius Posts: 110 Forumite
    If you've knowingly tried to scam money from the company by getting refunds you weren't entitled, I'd say the CIFAS is correct. You might well try the ombudsman but your actions brought this, not Barclays .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure