Final Notice Before Legal Action

2»

Comments

• No not at all IF this goes to court we will not dispute the debt, but we will dispute some of the charges levelled as they have been deliberately obstuctive in refusing reasonable offers of payment, delaying replies to offers of payment thus enabling them to apply further interest and charges, and refusing to provide us with alternative methods of payment ie their bank details but insisting payments must be made by CC or DC only. If They havnt followed the notice procedures correctly I will add that to the list.
  • eyeopener2
    eyeopener2 Posts: 1,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    reidy100 wrote: »
    No not at all IF this goes to court we will not dispute the debt, but we will dispute some of the charges levelled as they have been deliberately obstuctive in refusing reasonable offers of payment, delaying replies to offers of payment thus enabling them to apply further interest and charges, and refusing to provide us with alternative methods of payment ie their bank details but insisting payments must be made by CC or DC only. If They havnt followed the notice procedures correctly I will add that to the list.

Now, that is a plan. Let us know how you go on, these people need sorting out.

Just be careful though.
    I'm Debt Free :j 2/09/2013
    Debt at LBM 30/04/2010 £24,109.38,
  • Today they have given us their bank account details so we can make payments, although they did say it was to "settle" the loan. We have replied that we are not in a position to "settle the loan"
    We have instead asked them to reconsider our offer of settlement which was previously refused, and to stop additional interest if they are not able to agree to our figure. We shall be making a part payment tomorrow to show willing.
  • Quick update, received a court claim, AOS and Defence filed over a month ago. Had a letter from the Court saying they have missplaced the original AOS and could we fill in a second AOS. Havnt heard from the PD loan company since October.
  • reidy100_2
    reidy100_2 Posts: 119 Forumite
    Still nothing need to get this sorted.
  • DVardysShadow
    DVardysShadow Posts: 18,949 Forumite
    reidy100 wrote: »
    Still nothing need to get this sorted.
    You must be someway down the road to getting this paid off now?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • reidy100_2
    reidy100_2 Posts: 119 Forumite
    No way, they wouldnt agree a repayment plan, refused to communicate since with us after turning the repayment plan down despite repeated emails, they didnt provide us with a breakdown to show our part payments coming off the total plus disagreement within the company with the amounts claimed owed on their website and those stated in email communication.

Plus the amount claimed on their POC includes 90p per day until judgement which amounts to over 100 pounds at the moment, just wish I had a solicitor to force them to a day in court.
  • DVardysShadow
    DVardysShadow Posts: 18,949 Forumite
    So have you got money set aside? In line with any payment proposal you have made? Ideally, you should have something matching your payment plan proposal ready to offer at any time via the court. Your case is I guess that you are trying to resolve this and they are being obstructive.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Just an update, as back on here for a while. Sent my defence case to them and the court early June 2011. And they havent taken it any further since June 2011.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure