Nationwide loan

Options
MABLE
MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
I was looking for a loan this evening and tried Halifax and clicked on their personal loan button to find we are unable to offer you a loan or quote.

Thinking something must be wrong I tried Nationwide who I also bank with. Went through the soft search and liked what I say and went for the full application to find I was accepted at a rate of 3.6 percent.

Lloyds offered me 4.4 percent so not sure was problem Halifax have with me.

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Who is your main banker - the one where you pay your salary into?
  • MABLE
    edited 4 March 2015 at 9:33AM
    Options
    Who is your main banker - the one where you pay your salary into?

Lloyds. However I do a round robin every month between Nationwide, MKS, Halifax and TSB.

Sorry, we cannot offer you a loan
    You’re not currently eligible for a loan.

Have a credit card or mortgage with us?
    You could still be eligible for a loan. To find out more:

UNQUOTE,

Would not even allow me to do a soft search. Very strange indeed!
  • Pixie5740
    Pixie5740 Posts: 14,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh well, Halifax's loss is Nationwide's gain.
  • MABLE
    edited 4 March 2015 at 12:07PM
    Options
    UPDATE.
    Well I phoned HX out of curiosity and according to them I can have a £5000 overdraft and credit card of £10000 but unable to identify why no loan quotes available.

However I have tried getting a quote without logging in but entering sort code and account number and dob and works fine and comes up with an apr of 4.8 percent.

Based on that must be a glitch with my account.
  • iolanthe07
    iolanthe07 Posts: 5,493 Forumite
    Options
    Sometimes loans are refused for the simple reason that the allocation of funds has been used up for the quarter or year - we are coming to the end of the financial year soon. Or you don't meet their loans criteria for that month. Don't take a refusal personally. No one has a right to a loan and the refusal of an application may be for an entirely prosaic and impersonal reason.
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
  • AMILLIONDOLLARS
    AMILLIONDOLLARS Posts: 2,299 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Worked out the best for you in the long run! Sounds like Halifax did you a favour!

AMD
    Debt Free!!!
  • MABLE
    Options
    iolanthe07 wrote: »
    Sometimes loans are refused for the simple reason that the allocation of funds has been used up for the quarter or year - we are coming to the end of the financial year soon. Or you don't meet their loans criteria for that month. Don't take a refusal personally. No one has a right to a loan and the refusal of an application may be for an entirely prosaic and impersonal reason.

I was never refused. As I say you can normally get an illustration when logged into online banking but would not afford me the courtesy
    of letting me do that. However when I tried on their generic website and by entering my sort code account no and dob it came up with a rate of 4.8 percent. So based on that there has to be a glitch somewhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure