Insurance renewal

Hi all .
It's insurance renewal time again for me.
Could anyone advise, the by fare best quote I've had is from Esure and going through quidco with the cash back would come out at £190 net. Only problem is Esure have a maximum ncd of 5yrs and I have 9yrs ,so when it comes to looking at the market next year I'd be sacrificing 4yrs ncb
Or am I looking at this wrong?
Tia

Comments

• DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    citykid5 wrote: »
    Hi all .
    It's insurance renewal time again for me.
    Could anyone advise, the by fare best quote I've had is from Esure and going through quidco with the cash back would come out at £190 net. Only problem is Esure have a maximum ncd of 5yrs and I have 9yrs ,so when it comes to looking at the market next year I'd be sacrificing 4yrs ncb
    Tia

I have much more than that in NCB with Esure.
    On a slightly different question, when is it no longer worth protecting the NCB.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,545 Forumite
    Simply ask them for the correct number of years.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• GunJack
    GunJack Posts: 11,672 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    check out some of the posts in this thread for how to deal with proof of NCB :)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5723259
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    DUTR wrote: »
    On a slightly different question, when is it no longer worth protecting the NCB.

Once you have more than 5 or 6 years or reached the max of that company because you'll find that with most policies a single shunt in a year only takes you down to around 3 or 4 years NCB, you don't lose the lot. I've never bothered at all because even with protected NCB your insurance if you have a claim is still going to be whacked up the following renewal and the amount I've saved over the last 20 years by not going protected is more than I would save if I'd had a shunt with protected NCB.
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    Tarambor wrote: »
    Once you have more than 5 or 6 years or reached the max of that company because you'll find that with most policies a single shunt in a year only takes you down to around 3 or 4 years NCB, you don't lose the lot. I've never bothered at all because even with protected NCB your insurance if you have a claim is still going to be whacked up the following renewal and the amount I've saved over the last 20 years by not going protected is more than I would save if I'd had a shunt with protected NCB.

Just got my renewal today, I have 20yrs NCB, but like you say it max's at 5yrs (well you get no further discount) , If I claim it would drop 5yrs.
  • sevenhills
    sevenhills Posts: 5,871 Forumite
    citykid5 wrote: »
    Tia

That looks quite cheap to me, you expecting it to go lower?
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    sevenhills wrote: »
    That looks quite cheap to me, you expecting it to go lower?

I have a car that costs me less than £100 a year to insure fully comp. £190 looks very expensive to me.
  • I have a car that costs me less than £100 a year to insure fully comp. £190 looks very expensive to me.

Is it the same car, the same post code, the insured the same age ?
    Mortgage free
    Vocational freedom has arrived
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family