Ward Hendry informal class photos

Comments

• izzybusy23
    izzybusy23 Posts: 994 Forumite
    edited 15 June 2010 at 1:26PM
    We have had these for the last two years and are lovely.

They all casually pose, some on the floor, others with arms on others shoulders and teachers still in the middle with children gathered round them.

Taken in groups of 5/6 then put together in a line.

My DD's school has just had one similar... all in a line, some leaning on the others shoulders, some with their arms around the others shoulders, teachers sitting on the floor with some children sitting on their laps and other children laying on the floor etc.. really casual and some kids are laughing on it (my dd included) and its so much nicer than the individual blue background ones.

I highly rate it!

Edited to say, our photo's say name of school and class of 2010 on the bottom... ours aren't ward henry though
  • angelicmary85
    angelicmary85 Posts: 4,977 Forumite
    My neice had one like this done when she was in nursery.

There was one kid on a bike, another reading a book, someone doing something else..it's a really nice photo!
    Started PADdin' 13/04/09 paid £7486.66 - CC free 02/11/10
    Aim for 2011 - pay off car loan £260.00 saved
    Nerd No. 1173! :j
    Made by God...Improved by the The Devil :D
  • Millie's_Mum
    Millie's_Mum Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    This has just reminded me about my Daughters school class photos, they do it 'traditional' style but one of the teachers/parents/assistants takes the pics rather than a company and then they sell them at the school summer fair for about £3.50, good idea for fundraising if anyone is on the PTA and wants to suggest the idea at their school.
    MFW Start Sep 07 £79484, Now £58774
  • ellay864
    ellay864 Posts: 3,827
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    They look great...wish my sons had had this as an option for their photos...I might have got a smile!!
  • eamon
    eamon Posts: 2,319
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    This was discussed on Jeremy Vine (R2). No consensus was reached. Younger parents i.e. below 35 yo favoured this newer format and older parents the more traditional all school/year/class photograph, brushed hair and smart uniform approach. Think you can probably listen to the program again via iplayer
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I caught bits on iplayer and all I heard was negative comments.

I saw my friends photo last year and loved it and after listening to Mr Vine thought I was in the minority. Hence the question!
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • izzybusy23
    izzybusy23 Posts: 994 Forumite
    bylromarha wrote: »
    I caught bits on iplayer and all I heard was negative comments.

I saw my friends photo last year and loved it and after listening to Mr Vine thought I was in the minority. Hence the question!

This is what my DD's school photo is like; I think they look great:-

http://www.epicschools.co.uk/class.html
  • flippin36
    flippin36 Posts: 1,980 Forumite
    They do look great but neither me nor my daughter was interested in buying one. They came in a large frame to go on the wall and couldn't really see the appeal of having other peoples kids on display in my living room. Its probably just me though :D.
  • michelefauk
    michelefauk Posts: 448
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I have to say I HATE these type of photos! I work in a primary school and ours school has done them the informal way for the past couple of years, and again the feedback is mixed.

I dont really get it , why would you want children holding umberellas or cheerleaders pompoms? And as a member of staff I had to half lie on the floor propped up on one elbow with a child grinning in my ear! Awful stuff, I much prefer the old style pic with 3 rows of children and the teacher in the middle! The photographer has had to come back both years and retake all 14 classes photos as they were so bad the first time round, the staff pic is awful too, we all look different sizes and some peoples heads are twice the size of the person next to them, due to the editing of putting together different groups shot seperately.
    Maybe I am just old-fashioned!
  • flippin36 wrote: »
    They do look great but neither me nor my daughter was interested in buying one. They came in a large frame to go on the wall and couldn't really see the appeal of having other peoples kids on display in my living room. Its probably just me though :D.

Nope - am with you on that one. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport