Need help NOW!! What am i entitled too from him?

Comments

• Person_one
    Person_one Posts: 28,884
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Fang wrote: »
    No she should get off her !!!! and get a job.

That's not what she posted about. We don't know anything about her reasons for not working.
  • Fang_3
    Fang_3 Posts: 7,602 Forumite
    Person_one wrote: »
    That's not what she posted about. We don't know anything about her reasons for not working.

No we don't, but we know that she expects the state and her estranged husband to support her and her pets. Which is not on. His child, yes. He should be paying 50% of every cost for the child, and she should be paying the other half.
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Fang wrote: »
    No we don't, but we know that she expects the state and her estranged husband to support her and her pets. Which is not on. His child, yes. He should be paying 50% of every cost for the child, and she should be paying the other half.

Supported by the fact that this is her fourth thread on the subject! ;)

OP, is it not possible for you to work?
    Gone ... or have I?
  • Loopy_Girl
    Loopy_Girl Posts: 4,444 Forumite
    Blondie, your benefits don't seem right..you should be getting approx £120 which is made up of your IS and CTC and then on top of that you should be getting your CB.

I assume the LHA you are getting is the maximum for your property size?

There is a calculator on the CSA website which will tell you how much he should be paying. Had a quick skim of other posts and I see your ex is in the Forces? Try to get a private arrangemet going with him as it is a nightmare trying to get CSA from Forces people. Basically they (Army) decide what - if any - CSA they will pay..and that is even if there is a wages arrestment on his wage. You are not entitled to any money via the CSA when he is on active duty.
  • Barneysmom
    Barneysmom Posts: 10,123
    Forumite
    Is there no way to get your marriage working again, it's a shame xxx

Oops sorry I never saw your above post.....
  • TallBlondie
    TallBlondie Posts: 58 Forumite
    Loopy_Girl wrote: »
    Blondie, your benefits don't seem right..you should be getting approx £120 which is made up of your IS and CTC and then on top of that you should be getting your CB.

I assume the LHA you are getting is the maximum for your property size?

There is a calculator on the CSA website which will tell you how much he should be paying. Had a quick skim of other posts and I see your ex is in the Forces? Try to get a private arrangemet going with him as it is a nightmare trying to get CSA from Forces people. Basically they (Army) decide what - if any - CSA they will pay..and that is even if there is a wages arrestment on his wage. You are not entitled to any money via the CSA when he is on active duty.

Do you mean i am getting too much benefits?
    Better wins...Terminator goodies, St Helier his & hers tshirts, Janeo jewels bangle, Loreal mascara, £50 funky pigeon credit 4 me & a pal, save our friends giant plush panda, iggy & me books, 2 night hotel stay with Best Western, Huge Disney princess palace, cinema tix (gave away) NUFC tix (gave away) ipad & footie break, hotel in scotland!! :T:j
  • Loopy_Girl
    Do you mean i am getting too much benefits?

No I don't think you are getting enough!! You said in your opening post that you get IS/CTC and CB and 'they total £400 a month'.

You should be getting about £140 a week (£560 per month) plus your LHA and your council tax benefit as well.

When you do get maintenance from him, you don't have to declare it to anyone - you get to keep all your benefits plus your maintenance.

There is a website www.entitledto.co.uk which is v good for telling you what benefits you are, well - entitled to!!, so put your details in there and make sure you are getting all your due.

As for other comments, you are quite entitled to claim benefits and don't have to justify it to anyone. I wish these people would complain to their MP's about the benefit system rather than posting nasty comments and passing judgement to people that are entitled to claim them and are doing no wrong.
  • Loopy_Girl
    He has totally cut off all the people who care for him, he fears we will all be made to feel the pain and loss he is feeling if something happens to him. It took me weeks to get the real reasons out of him, initally he said we had lost our spark which i knew was rubbish. Its all very sad trust me, my best friend is walking around with the world on his shoulders and i can't do nothing about it.

Ive tried, but now i have to concentrate on sorting things for our girl.

What a sad situation :( he clearly feels very scared out there. Is there any way you could speak to his CO or a family officer as he sounds like he is suffering from depression and it would be a real shame to throw away your marriage.

When does this tour end? (sorry, I've not read your posts indepth -leave that to the weirdos!!;)) so sorry if you have said.
  • TallBlondie
    TallBlondie Posts: 58 Forumite
    edited 26 June 2010 at 9:55PM
    No I don't think you are getting enough!! You said in your opening post that you get IS/CTC and CB and 'they total £400 a month'.

You should be getting about £140 a week (£560 per month) plus your LHA and your council tax benefit as well.

When you do get maintenance from him, you don't have to declare it to anyone - you get to keep all your benefits plus your maintenance.

There is a website www.entitledto.co.uk which is v good for telling you what benefits you are, well - entitled to!!, so put your details in there and make sure you are getting all your due.

As for other comments, you are quite entitled to claim benefits and don't have to justify it to anyone. I wish these people would complain to their MP's about the benefit system rather than posting nasty comments and passing judgement to people that are entitled to claim them and are doing no wrong.

I understand them in a way, but they couldn't of assumed it about anybody different.

Doing calculator now.

£54.67 tax credit.
    £65.45 Income support.
    £20.30 child benefit.
    Better wins...Terminator goodies, St Helier his & hers tshirts, Janeo jewels bangle, Loreal mascara, £50 funky pigeon credit 4 me & a pal, save our friends giant plush panda, iggy & me books, 2 night hotel stay with Best Western, Huge Disney princess palace, cinema tix (gave away) NUFC tix (gave away) ipad & footie break, hotel in scotland!! :T:j
  • Barneysmom
    Barneysmom Posts: 10,123
    Forumite
    What a sad situation :( he clearly feels very scared out there. Is there any way you could speak to his CO or a family officer as he sounds like he is suffering from depression and it would be a real shame to throw away your marriage.

When does this tour end? (sorry, I've not read your posts indepth -leave that to the weirdos!!;)) so sorry if you have said.

I agree, you have to talk to his CO.
    He shouldn't be working while he's in such a bad frame of mind, he could demoralise everyone around him.
    He needs some help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport