Energy: Find the cheapest supplier & earn cashback

Comments

• Does anyone know if Money Supermarket still offer the £30 dual fuel cashback? I can't see anything on their site which says this.

Thanks
    Stuart
  • Just had Martin's email and put my KWh into energyhelpline.com.

Not sure what to do as I'm currently on a cheap online tariff with Eon (save online v3 - £976pa) and the cheapest fixed rate (EDF Fixed S@ver 2 - £1132pa) means I'll be paying £156 more based on the current Eon prices. Ok, Eon might put it's prices up so in the long run I might save but for now, I'm tempted to wait and see what happens. But that's taking a risk of the cheaper fixed tariffs being pulled!! Hmmmm....decisions, decisions!

What would you do?
  • Toreador
    Toreador Posts: 51 Forumite
    I'm in a similar situation!
    Currently about £1200 with Scottish Power, best fixed deal just under £1400*. From 1st August I'll be paying over £1700 (!) with Scottish Power - but will the others increase by as much as this? Anything under 15% and a fixed deal becomes more expensive.

*The MSE email says I should be able to find a fixed deal for £1000, does anyone know where I can find anything as low as this?
  • JSF23
    JSF23 Posts: 43 Forumite
    And me. £1,450 with EoN OnlineSaver 3. Best fixed is £1,850. :eek:

I use 24,000 Gas and 7,100 Elec.
  • artha
    artha Posts: 5,254 Forumite
    stuart_b wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Money Supermarket still offer the £30 dual fuel cashback? I can't see anything on their site which says this.

Thanks
    Stuart

I'm not sure about this but I think you have the follow the link from the MSE site. Having read the terms and conditions however it says that cashback is only paid when going through a cashback site. Confused? So am I. Can anyone confirm that following the link from MSE is the way to get £30 cashback?
    Awaiting a new sig
  • digitaldai
    digitaldai Posts: 16 Forumite
    I am confused too, currently on npower sign online 19, cheapest fix I can get is 9% more than this (and is with Npower so no transfer cashback). If the rises are 10% works out about the same, and maybe cheaper if they do not happen until the autumn. suggestions?
  • bronzie
    bronzie Posts: 108 Forumite
    I am currently on Online 19 tariff with npower having only joined them in November, all the comparison sites say I should switch to their Go Fix 6 Dual Fuel which caps the rate for a year, and would see me worse off by £15-50 depending on which site you use.

I am thinking its probably best waiting for the year to complete however I don't want to risk losing it, do companies always let customers know in advance of price rises or is it just a courtesy some pay?
    If no-one expected shirts to be ironed then we'd all have time for more important things:T
  • espresso21
    espresso21 Posts: 196 Forumite
    artha wrote: »
    I'm not sure about this but I think you have the follow the link from the MSE site. Having read the terms and conditions however it says that cashback is only paid when going through a cashback site. Confused? So am I. Can anyone confirm that following the link from MSE is the way to get £30 cashback?

I did it on the site this afternoon and the terms and conditions I checked didn't say anything about a cash back site. It said that after 90 days the cash back would be put into the bank account I had set up the direct debit with. Of course I still have to see if it actually happens....

I have changed. It means I will be paying about £15 per month right now but they predicted a much higher jump in the near future so I think I have done the right thing...or at least I hope so. If not I'm tied in to a contract for the next year or so...
  • mo63
    mo63 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Hi
    Has any one else switched from Scottish power Comfort plus control tariff and found it cheaper as I notice from SPowers new prices that it is the standing charge which is increasing by almost 10p a day (ex vat). I find it difficult to compare as this is a 2 rate tariff and all comparisons I get provide quotes for a no standing charge option with so much units at one rate and the remainder at a lesser rate.
  • Poppycat
    Poppycat Posts: 19,913 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Aqua-join reported for :spam:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills