We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

New! Competition end dates posting

Comments

• One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,246
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    One-Eye wrote: »
    UNKNOWN = ESTIMATED

Please can the wording be changed so it says "ESTIMATED" rather than "UNKNOWN"

When posting a competition with an estimated end date I filled in the date, clicked the "unknown" radio button and the date disappeared.

I hoped that this would be shown as End: 30-11-2012 Estimated
  • Gilla_2
    Gilla_2 Posts: 13,228
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Will we still be able to sort on thread title to get the end date comps?

I thought that that was working well, and really saw no need for a change.
    42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot
    :hello: Good Luck everyone !:hello:
  • mnkyhngr
    mnkyhngr Posts: 259
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Blulu wrote: »
    I think this is another positive change to the forum, although I do appreciate that for established posters it's another thing to have to do. But perhaps we could give it a chance and see. It might yet need a little nipping and tucking to make it just the right fit for us. As I see it, it should make it easier for newbies to post. It will save bumping for date corrections and also save established users from keep having to write the same thing over and over about changing the date format.

Often these changes take a little get used to, but in the end, I think the forum is getting betterer, and betterer to use.

Thank you MSE for constantly reviewing the site. It's probably the main reason why the whole website always feels fresh and 'user friendly' :T:T:T
    Sorry but I have to respectfully disagree.
    This change does not solve the problem of the end date not being put in the title in the correct format.
    Furthermore it creates more work for the posters who already complete the title correctly.
    It also introduces a risk that more posts are completed with the end date missing from the title.
    Until the field can be searched and sorted on, it is next to useless.
  • weeowens
    weeowens Posts: 81,990
    First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Gilla wrote: »
    Will we still be able to sort on thread title to get the end date comps?

I thought that that was working well, and really saw no need for a change.
    I think that will still work,so long as dates are added in the title.
    I'm just not sure what this new feature does?
  • mnkyhngr
    mnkyhngr Posts: 259
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    One-Eye wrote: »
    The date needs to show in the results of a search - currently it does not.

404552058.jpg
    Why? The end date is already in the title.
    If it is added as an extra line
    it will make
    the listings longer
    than they need
    to be ;)
  • Nicky63
    Nicky63 Posts: 3,210 Forumite
    Lakshmi7 wrote: »
    I agree, and this new change is just slowing me down posting. I have other things to do as well. Please could we remove this feature?

Thank you.

I came to find this thread when I saw the new format whilst end date comping this afternoon, I was, like a couple of others have said here, horrified at the thought the the typed "E: XX/XX" format would be done away with, we need it to stay!

If Laks finds it difficult to use and wishes it gone then that's where my twopenneth goes too, Laks and Weeowens along with half a dozen other prolific posters are the backbone and brain of the comps forum and we want to make it easier for them not harder.

With respect, it seems this is one of those changes that has been implemented by someone that doesn't use or understand the board, we know what happened last time we had one of those.

Thanks for all the work everyone does, Posters, BG's and MSE team.
    That ain't working! That's the way to do it, money for nothing and TV's for free ;)
  • Jokey
    Jokey Posts: 8,801 Forumite
    Nicky63 wrote: »
    I came to find this thread when I saw the new format whilst end date comping this afternoon, I was, like a couple of others have said here, horrified at the thought the the typed "E: XX/XX" format would be done away with, we need it to stay!

If Laks finds it difficult to use and wishes it gone then that's where my twopenneth goes too, Laks and Weeowens along with half a dozen other prolific posters are the backbone and brain of the comps forum and we want to make it easier for them not harder.

With respect, it seems this is one of those changes that has been implemented by someone that doesn't use or understand the board, we know what happened last time we had one of those.

I completely agree. 8,000,000 thanks & the most dedicated & regular poster on here. Same for all the other amazing regular posters who are not far behind (weeowen, One-eye etc).
    Surely it's vital to hear what they say? x
    :) xx JoJo xx :)

:heart2: And only now I see the light...
    :heart2:

:T Baby girl due 09/03 :T

• fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,799
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 8 November 2012 at 3:34PM

hi, it was suggested by the team afaik through this post
    26-10-2012

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=56800177

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4227363

which led to the discussion x
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• Nicky63
    Nicky63 Posts: 3,210 Forumite
    fire**fly wrote: »
    hi, it was suggested by the team afaik through this post
    26-10-2012
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=56800177

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4227363

which led to the discussion x

Many of us don't have time to get all the comps done let alone read discussions. The thread was about the "red x" too, therefore how was anyone to know it included suggestions about further changes? thanks for pointing me in the right direction though. :T
    That ain't working! That's the way to do it, money for nothing and TV's for free ;)
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,799
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Many of us don't have time to get all the comps done let alone read discussions. The thread was about the "red x" too, therefore how was anyone to know it included suggestions about further changes? thanks for pointing me in the right direction though. :T

yes, it was posted right inside the redx thread, think that's why a lot didn't notice it :o i was subscribed to the redx thread so had instant email messages each time a post was done,
    reading back the idea didn't seem to go down well,
    maybe the team are just trying it out & if no-one is interested it'll be changed again.
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure