Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Also if anyone has bought Cow and Gate rice cakes for Q clciksnap this weekend when you get your activity confirmed check the amount as they are only awarding 66p - the rice cakes were on offer for 66p but now they are £1 :(

I've just emailed Q with my receipt ID number to get the amount altered.
    On COS it just says free so its worded slightly differently than Q so there should be no issues there, just on Q.

I cant find the breadsticks in either of our Asdas :(
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    mhoc wrote: »
    Its finding suitable sized gift bags or similar to put things in. Pounland had some very nice Christmas hessian bags for life last year but I've not seen them this year yet

I just bought39p bags in home bargains. Ideal size for the L’Or!al sport etc
  • mhoc
    bubbs wrote: »
    TM and Mhoc
    Boden 50% Sale Now Live

you are very wicked :T
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    mhoc wrote: »
    you are very wicked :T

Know you both like Boden x
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    elainemn wrote: »
    Found this amazing womble today.
    3x Baylis & Harding Jojoba, Silk & Almond Oil Benefit Set (each)£30.00£11.25
    2x Lynx Duo Black Body Gift Set (each)£8.00£5.24
    1x Lynx Duo You Body Gift Set (each)£4.00£2.62

1x Terry's Chocolate Orange (157g)£1.00£2.00
    1x Ferrero Rocher 24 Pieces (300g)£5.50£5.50
    Comparison total (compared products only)£65.20£47.06
    +£18.14cheaper

Only problem is it is for £22.85.

Well done! You should be fine - be brave :).

... They need further training as they overpaid by £8 and got two of the Lynx free! Of course if they were that clever they wouldn’t have left the receipt :D.

Anon
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    My £3 C0sta has £7.05 balance after my massing latte :D.

I am not bragging, but I have either £19.05 (if the other 4 are £3) or £47.05 to spend by 2nd January :eek:.

£3 C0sta, £5 Gweggs and £3 Mands today :).

Anon
  • mhoc
    edited 17 December 2017 at 11:11PM
    Drat - I was looking last night to try and find slightly unusual gins £15 and under in Waitrose (to make use of a conditional spend) with little success but then I've just noticed this

https://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda-compare-prices/Spirits/Brecon_Special_Reserve_Gin_700ml.html

£15 or £15.99 on Amazon if it costs more than 99p in petrol to get to waitrose :D
  • mhoc
    Anon wrote: »
    My £3 C0sta has £7.05 balance after my massing latte :D.

I am not bragging, but I have either £19.05 (if the other 4 are £3) or £47.05 to spend by 2nd January :eek:.

£3 C0sta, £5 Gweggs and £3 Mands today :).

Anon

We used to share the massive lattes in Costa between us - cups too big for me to hold with my dodgy wrist :)
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Whoopsies today:)

I’m especially happy with the swede as I only need a little bit for broth and 5p is enough to pay:cool:

C8_CAC647-_F61_C-4973-_BEB9-_B2_D600_C0018_D.jpg
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Fabulous womble Elaine, well done :T

I found one for about £25 around this time last year. I was nervous about spending it but other than a “ooh that’s a big one” type comment from the cashier it was fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure