• DaisyMoo
    DaisyMoo Posts: 290 Forumite
    Options
    Found it - Thanks guys xx
  • amyloofoo
    amyloofoo Posts: 1,804 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I hired a bellydance teacher who got us all dressed up and putting on a performance! I've never laughed so much at seeing my Nana in a spangly bra trying to circle her hips :rotfl:
  • PoppyGirl
    PoppyGirl Posts: 186 Forumite
    Options
    I am doing a vintage tea party for my friend, I have borred lots of mis matched china etc. and tablecloths. I'm going to do small flower arrangements in jam jars. It's amazing what things I've found round my own house I can use. I'm going to make sandwitches and cakes and perhaps some cocktails in tea pots!

You can find lots of hen party games online which don't require much planning or cost anything to do.

You could do a 'pot luck supper' type party at home, where everyone brings a dish and a copy of the recipie. These could then be made into a cook book to be given to the bride to be as a memory of the hen party, and a start to married life!
  • got-it-spend-it
    got-it-spend-it Posts: 5,016 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think cupcake decorating parties are becoming popular for Hen parties.
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • ALittleInLove
    Options
    For her Hen party my cousin had a few close friends round and they made beautiful cupcakes which then became the wedding cake the next day. They were all displayed on a beautiful stand and there were specially decorated ones for the bride and groom with their photographs on that rice paper stuff.
  • mrsjanebanbury2009
    Options
    Google "danzeattack" - these are hen parties where you learn a dance routine. Full disclosure - I do know the guy who runs it (though not very well) and I haven't been to one personally, but I do know people who go to his dance classes and absolutely love him and the way he teaches dance.
  • tescobabe69
    tescobabe69 Posts: 7,504 Forumite
    Options
    Hire some dancers , or do it yourself, I imagine it might go down better on a stag do though.
    http://www.hell.tv/t/videos/4743/scary-brazilian-crotch-dance.html
  • Victoria73
    Options
    I Had the same problem, Heres some hen party ideas i reasearched from Funktion Events ; Perfume Making, SMS Treasure Hunt, Dance Party Ideas, Cocktail Making, Naked Male Life Drawing, Song Recording Studios, Karaoke Booths, Roller Disco, Fish Pedicure and if your thinking about going to Nottingham, i find this tourist information page with loads of ideas and video's!

"visit-nottingham.org" Under leisure breaks!

Hope this gives you some ideas! :)
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    Options
    I know this thread is a massive necro, but in Bath there are a couple of places ideal for hen parties - one where you do a chocolate-making course/demo at a high-class chocolatier, or another place where you make/sew something as a gang, maybe DIY knickers or garters or cushions, etc. There are several spas of course as well...
  • Phoolgrrrl
    Phoolgrrrl Posts: 685 Forumite
    Options
    We went to a roller disco then pizza and games back at my mums. Pizza Hut had bogof on at the time :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure