Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Freezing
    Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue
    • 26th Dec 14, 10:26 PM
    Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue 26th Dec 14 at 10:26 PM
    Dear all

I just wanted to give some feed back on the terrible service we have had this Christmas from 24/7 Home Rescue.

Firstly, they are not 24/7 - whist you can make a claim with the engineering company they outsource their work to, you can't actually speak to them directly because they are closed until 5 January 2015! Which company in this day and age is closed for this long without someone being available to contact, especially when the say they are 24/7? I have asked the online "webchat" machine wether they have an emergency number they can contact and all I got was an evasive answer to the effect of "someone will call you soon" presumably when they re-open on 5 January!

Long and short of the story is that we had problems with our boiler. They sent out someone to look at it. This engineer reset the boiler and went on his way. The problems persisted and 24/7 have not sent someone to look at the boiler again as they think the problem is a pressure issue. How would they know this without even looking at the boiler after the problems persisted? Any way, it's a fault with the boiler itself but they won't send anyone out to have a look at it. The boiler has broken down again and when I called the third party engineering line we were told there was a note on the system not to send an engineer out until the dispute was investigated. Problem is, they are closed over Christmas and there is no one we can speak to.

If there was an issue which was genuinely not covered the policy then fine, we would get it fixed. But they they allegedly fixed our boiler then when the problems persisted they said it was a problem with the pressure without even looking at the boiler. Also, pressure isn't specifically excluded from the terms of their service.

I have used both British Gas and Homeserve before and for all their faults, at least you can speak to a person at the company over Christmas. Out of Homeserve and British Gas, I would say Homeserve were the best so will be going back to them.

I am sorry to say that these smaller independent companies really don't provide the same level of service.

Sorry for the rant but I was most disappointed to hear the company left us without cover over Christmas.

We've got the electric heaters on for now!
Page 13
    • Chef2018
    • By Chef2018 16th Feb 18, 3:39 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Chef2018
    I would not recommend this company at all.
    They will not entertain any claims if you do not report the fault within 24 hours. This is hidden away in their terms and conditions.

Do not sign up with this company. You are much better off going with a reputable company like British Gas or Homeserve.
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 16th Feb 18, 5:11 PM
    • 659 Posts
    • 530 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    Unfortunately, untrustworthy TrustPilot itself is a mockery of a review site.

Has been for years. Why anyone would ever use it, or contribute to it, is beyond me. It makes a great deal of money from the very businesses which get criticised (or criticised for as long as TrustPilot allows a comment to remain on view.)

Plenty of review sites out there on which to post a comment . . all of which are sampled by Internet search engines.
    Originally posted by PhylPho

To be fair I was not really interested in TP. I already know their business model and that they are useless. It was more the incentives I wanted answers on, just to make them uncomfortable.
    Last edited by scd3scd4; 16-02-2018 at 5:25 PM.
    • Poppy Green
    • By Poppy Green 16th Feb 18, 7:03 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Poppy Green
    Beware of this company! They are fraudlent compan
    Thank you for your response. At the time I had no heating or hot water. Why is your company harassing me by calling me and once I answered the call, the caller will make a funny sound and laugh hysterically and drop. This is now a daily re occurrence. I had to call the the same number (03453192247) which had been calling, after another call today with no one speaking but hysterical laughter and then the caller dropped the phone. I had to call the number back and spoke to a lovely lady who took my number called, put me on hold for few minutes and assured me that it will never happen again. Is this how 24/7 intimidate and harass their customers? I have told the lady that if it happens again, I will have no option but to report the harassment to the police.
    Last edited by Poppy Green; 20-02-2018 at 1:21 AM.
    • Seatpin
    • By Seatpin 16th Feb 18, 8:03 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Seatpin
    I have had similar problems, don't use this company!
    • Seatpin
    • By Seatpin 16th Feb 18, 8:06 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Seatpin
    Boiler & Heating cover
    I would agree, this is my case.

I took out boiler & heating cover with 247Homerescue on the 21st January and thought I was covered, then on the 10th February 3 weeks into my contract I had to ring them as my heating pump stopped working and they agreed to send an engineer out after I paid the £95 excess.

The engineer called on the 13th and confirmed I needed a new pump and that he would send a report back to 247 asking them to order the parts which he did but the 247 claims department rang about 1hr after he left saying I wasnít covered!

I asked why and they said I hadnít had my policy long enough although they say your covered as soon as you take out cover with a 14-day cooling off period and I was 21 days into my cover when I first rang with the fault!

When I pointed this out they then said I wasnít covered as it was an existing problem, I asked how they come to that conclusion and they couldnít give me an answer I asked to speak to a manger but they said none were available, I insisted one call me back they said they would get someone to ring back in a couple of hours but no one did.

I rang the next day as they still didnít call me back, I was then told the policy was for a manger to call back within 24-48hrs and that someone will call me by then, I waited another 2 day/72hrs and rang them back, they then said my policy had been cancelled and I need to write/email a formal complaint and follow their complaints process.

I have done that and they have still not given me an answer/explanation as to why I am not covered for this fault they just replied stating refer to your terms and conditions.

I have read the terms and conditions and the only reason/exclusion I can see is under general exclusions which states they will not cover existing problems known to you the customer when you took the cover out or incidents which occur within the waiting period.

I replied confirming my heating was working 3 weeks ago when I took out the cover and that I am well inside the waiting period, I asked again for them to confirm why I am not covered and to explain how they have come to this conclusion/what evidence do they have to backup their decision and they havenít answered!

Itís clear to me they are just trying to get out of the cost of the repair, I have asked for my excess back but they have refused saying I agreed to pay the excess, yes but they should honour their part of the contract and complete the repair, I stated I thought the pump had gone when I rang and they said this is covered under my policy and that they would send the engineer out for £95, why take my £95 if you were never going to cover this fault?

I have asked for my £95 back plus my first direct debit payment but they have declined, I am now left with no heating having to get independent quotes at about £250, I will have to get the pump done as itís freezing but I shall be going through the small claims court to try I get my money back.

If you google this customer you will find many customers with similar complaints, be warned to touch 247Homerescure!
    • Seatpin
    • By Seatpin 16th Feb 18, 8:09 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Seatpin
    Don't use 247Home Rescue
    I took out boiler & heating cover with 247Homerescue on the 21st January and thought I was covered, then on the 10th February 3 weeks into my contract I had to ring them as my heating pump stopped working and they agreed to send an engineer out after I paid the £95 excess.

The engineer called on the 13th and confirmed I needed a new pump and that he would send a report back to 247 asking them to order the parts which he did but the 247 claims department rang about 1hr after he left saying I wasnít covered!

I asked why and they said I hadnít had my policy long enough although they say your covered as soon as you take out cover with a 14-day cooling off period and I was 21 days into my cover when I first rang with the fault!

When I pointed this out they then said I wasnít covered as it was an existing problem, I asked how they come to that conclusion and they couldnít give me an answer I asked to speak to a manger but they said none were available, I insisted one call me back they said they would get someone to ring back in a couple of hours but no one did.

I rang the next day as they still didnít call me back, I was then told the policy was for a manger to call back within 24-48hrs and that someone will call me by then, I waited another 2 day/72hrs and rang them back, they then said my policy had been cancelled and I need to write/email a formal complaint and follow their complaints process.

I have done that and they have still not given me an answer/explanation as to why I am not covered for this fault they just replied stating refer to your terms and conditions.

I have read the terms and conditions and the only reason/exclusion I can see is under general exclusions which states they will not cover existing problems known to you the customer when you took the cover out or incidents which occur within the waiting period.

I replied confirming my heating was working 3 weeks ago when I took out the cover and that I am well inside the waiting period, I asked again for them to confirm why I am not covered and to explain how they have come to this conclusion/what evidence do they have to backup their decision and they havenít answered!

Itís clear to me they are just trying to get out of the cost of the repair, I have asked for my excess back but they have refused saying I agreed to pay the excess, yes but they should honour their part of the contract and complete the repair, I stated I thought the pump had gone when I rang and they said this is covered under my policy and that they would send the engineer out for £95, why take my £95 if you were never going to cover this fault?

I have asked for my £95 back plus my first direct debit payment but they have declined, I am now left with no heating having to get independent quotes at about £250, I will have to get the pump done as itís freezing but I shall be going through the small claims court to try I get my money back.

If you google this customer you will find many customers with similar complaints, be warned to touch 247Homerescure!
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 17th Feb 18, 9:42 AM
    • 659 Posts
    • 530 Thanks
    scd3scd4

Originally posted by Seatpin
    Issued a CC claim. They replied in days and paid me promptly. Take them to court, they are scammers.
    • Turab
    • By Turab 18th Feb 18, 1:31 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Turab
    Cheat company
    Please! Please do not use this company and I promise you will regret. They call themself 24 7 but they won't come when your boiler breaks down and when you need them. My boiler became faulty and when I called them had to wait 30 min to get to them. When I did, I am told that they won't cover as the boiler is not completely broke down even thogh the boiler has a fault, it stops working and I have to press the reset button every hour. Eventually within few weeks the boiler completely broke down. I called them and explained that I have small children in the house, what was supposed to be a high priorty call, I am told that they have no appointment in the next 3 days! We have a baby in the house and have no heating or hot water. Awaiting engineer to visit now. When I took the policy out, the engineer turned up for a initial visit and service but he could not be bothered to open the boiler to actually do the service. He looked at it and said its all fine and went on his way within minutes. I am hoping someone will turn up and fix the issue.
    • Shakat83
    • By Shakat83 18th Feb 18, 3:00 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Shakat83
    24/7 home rescue scammers
    Big scammers, don't trust them or their so called engineer. They will tell you that you need a new boiler when in reality your boiler may only need a cheap part. One of their engineers told me that I needed a new boiler and offered to do it for £2000 pounds. Turns out that after a second opinion I only needed a new part price £80. 24/7 home resue please be warned DO NOT USE.
    Please read the feedback on twitter says it all.
    Report to watchdog and trading standards.
    • FedUpOfPoorService
    • By FedUpOfPoorService 19th Feb 18, 2:07 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    FedUpOfPoorService
    Don't fall for it, they are con artists who break
    Initially I was delighted to be with 247 home rescue. Upon signing up with them I asked if the annual boiler service could be conducted straight away, which they duly obliged. The problem however arose last week when the fan in my 2012 Worcester Bosch died. Having been initially reported to 247 on Thursday morning an engineer was with me to inspect it later that day however, he identified the fault and reported back to 247. Soon after I was contacted by 247 to say that the fault was outside of the costing boundaries of my policy, when I queried this I was told that it was over 60%, despite 60% of what never being defined, this is despite on my service contract it states that 'Boiler Breakdown' is part of my agreement. I was then told that due to the expense they would 'do me a favour' and call out Worcester Bosch to look at the problem but that this would cost me an additional £210. As I have a young family, a 10 month old and a 2 year old, my hands were tied and I needed a solution, naturally I trusted the advice I was being given. This was on Thursday, Worcester turned up this morning, Monday, having left us without heat and hot water for 4 days in February. The Worcester engineer was somewhat perplexed when he told me the problem and stated the part was only £160 plus VAT and that any gas safe engineer could have fitted it. I have since spent 20+ minutes on hold to 247 to query this but typically no one can help me and all I can do is email a complaint over. Having now dug a little deeper into 247, simple google search or via social media, it seems this is common place, they're happy to take your money but beware nothing is actually covered when you have an issue, everything is an extra charge!

On the terms and conditions section, 3. WHAT IS COVERED, it states:
    'In the event of an emergency occurring in your home, at our absolute sole discretion, we will:-
    c) Organise and pay the cost of providing emergency assistance, excluding any excess and up to the claims limit, including VAT, subject to the terms and conditions of your service agreement.
    d) Endeavour to effect any emergency repair
    as quickly as possible

Clearly this has not been the case on either point above. It also states in section 9. CLAIM LIMIT that 'There is no claims value limit as long as your boiler is not Beyond Economical Repair (BER).' I'd argue £160 + VAT and 30 minutes to fit should not be Beyond Economical Repair on a 5 year old Worcester Bosch boiler.

Since raising my complaint they have stated that the repair to the boiler has been confirmed as being outside of the BER value, for the one part a 30 mins labour to fit. Pointless policy cover.
    • 247homerescue
    • By 247homerescue 19th Feb 18, 3:12 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    I would not recommend this company at all.
    They will not entertain any claims if you do not report the fault within 24 hours. This is hidden away in their terms and conditions.

Do not sign up with this company. You are much better off going with a reputable company like British Gas or Homeserve.
    Originally posted by Chef2018
    Thank you for your review.

As per our terms and conditions, emergency assistance can be arranged if a claim is logged within 24 hours of the event occurring.

Please refer to page 13 Section D:

You must telephone our helpline within 24 hours of the emergency occurring or within 24 hours of becoming aware of the emergency and provide details of the assistance you require. All requests for emergency assistance must be made through the helpline. Do not make any arrangements yourself without prior authorization from the helpline. If you do, we will not reimburse any costs you may incur. Please note failure to notify us of the emergency within 24 hours could invalidate your claim or incur an excess payment. Failure to report a claim within 24 hours will be deemed not to be an emergency.

You were offered a Pay on Use option to assist you further. At this juncture you have declined this offer. If you change your mind please contact the claims line and they will facilitate this for you.

Regards 24|7 Home Rescue
    • ddaddy
    • By ddaddy 19th Feb 18, 3:17 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ddaddy
    I find it hilarious that you reply to the 1 post you can actually find a clause to prove you are in the right. I've yet to find anyone that has had a repair take place covered under their policy.
    Shame on you!

As per our terms and conditions, emergency assistance can be arranged if a claim is logged within 24 hours of the event occurring.

Please refer to page 13 Section D:

You must telephone our helpline within 24 hours of the emergency occurring or within 24 hours of becoming aware of the emergency and provide details of the assistance you require. All requests for emergency assistance must be made through the helpline. Do not make any arrangements yourself without prior authorization from the helpline. If you do, we will not reimburse any costs you may incur. Please note failure to notify us of the emergency within 24 hours could invalidate your claim or incur an excess payment. Failure to report a claim within 24 hours will be deemed not to be an emergency.

You were offered a Pay on Use option to assist you further. At this juncture you have declined this offer. If you change your mind please contact the claims line and they will facilitate this for you.

Regards 24|7 Home Rescue
    Originally posted by 247homerescue
    • 247homerescue
    • By 247homerescue 19th Feb 18, 3:27 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    I would agree, this is my case.

Originally posted by Seatpin

Having reviewed your account i can see that the engineer has stated that the problem with your boiler is a maintenance issue and also is pre-existing.

As an engineer attended your property i am afraid you are not entitled to claim back your mandatory excess of £95.

Regards 24|7 Home Rescue
    • 247homerescue
    • By 247homerescue 19th Feb 18, 3:28 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    Please! Please do not use this company and I promise you will regret. They call themself 24 7 but they won't come when your boiler breaks down and when you need them. My boiler became faulty and when I called them had to wait 30 min to get to them. When I did, I am told that they won't cover as the boiler is not completely broke down even thogh the boiler has a fault, it stops working and I have to press the reset button every hour. Eventually within few weeks the boiler completely broke down. I called them and explained that I have small children in the house, what was supposed to be a high priorty call, I am told that they have no appointment in the next 3 days! We have a baby in the house and have no heating or hot water. Awaiting engineer to visit now. When I took the policy out, the engineer turned up for a initial visit and service but he could not be bothered to open the boiler to actually do the service. He looked at it and said its all fine and went on his way within minutes. I am hoping someone will turn up and fix the issue.
    Originally posted by Turab

We would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused thus far. Sometimes we are unable to source an engineer to attend straight away and unfortunately on this occasion we was not able to deploy an engineer until today.

Regards 24|7 Home Rescue
    • Poppy Green
    • By Poppy Green 20th Feb 18, 2:08 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Poppy Green
    Beware of this so called 24/7
    Following the reply from 24/7 after my initial complaint, I contacted "laurenh@247homerescue.co.uk" to report the harassment I was getting from 24/7 and repeated direct debt that was set up on my account. Here is the reply I received and there was no reference to my complaint about my boiler total breakdown. " I have reviewed your account and can see that you have not made 12 months worth of payments which is why you are getting the calls and the direct debit being re-set up. Your contract is a 12 month policy which is why you need to make the remaining 3 payments."
    It is useless replying or contacting "laurenh@247homerescue.co.uk" because it waste of time and you will only get reply from the same complaint team who have dealt with you. If the harassment and threatening behaviour continue I will involve the police and MP. I am logging every calls from 24/7. The company is obviously set up to rip-off the consumers. I will be contacting RIP-OFF BRITAIN and WATCHDOG. Also TRADING STANDARD.
    Last edited by Poppy Green; Yesterday at 2:14 PM.
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 20th Feb 18, 6:36 AM
    • 659 Posts
    • 530 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    Since 24/7 Scammers think they are going to use this forum as their personal PR. I will be regularly putting the negative reviews from TRUSPILOT on here for balance. So here we go...............

ALI Ascroft
    20/2/2018

KEEP WELL CLEAR,
    my boiler had a problem no hot water no central heating called 24/7 on Thursday I was told that the earliest appointment would be Saturday morning the so-called engineer arrived late in afternoon. took the lid of the boiler and immediately diagnosed as the pump with it being Saturday after
    12 the office is closed and all parts center closed,
    Monday morning called to find out what time he will with me, I was informed that my boiler was uneconomical to repair, but they can get the manufactures repair engineer for £320.00 with 12 months repair warranty
    fed up I called a local company they were there within two hours.
    and repaired the boiler within 60 seconds just needed resetting,
    I phoned 24/7 for a refund of my £95.00 they said they will not refund my money
    day light robbers , dont be tempted by cheap bioler contract

The above is what you can expect from 24/7 which is a joke in itself. PLEASE don't let these mugs, take you for a mug!
    Last edited by scd3scd4; 20-02-2018 at 6:39 AM.
    • JuneG
    • By JuneG 21st Feb 18, 11:04 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JuneG
    I had a very similar experience with them. Several call outs at £75, their engineer replaced a part with a 2nd hand part; and finally the whole thing was fixed by an independent engineer within an hour for £100. They deemed my system beyond economical repair, which it certainly is not. I have paid them hundreds of pounds for absolutely nothing. They are a scam and a disgrace and I would highly recommend everyone to stay well clear of this company.
    • JuneG
    • By JuneG 21st Feb 18, 11:06 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JuneG
    Exactly the same they told me - a total con and - they are simply deceitful at every turn.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

202Posts Today

1,725Users online

Martin's Twitter