Can anyone suggest for a beautiful engagement ring

2»

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    One of my friends bought a ring from Marlows Diamonds. Turned out the ring was cursed - Marlows source their diamonds from ancient sacred burial sites and they are often haunted by the spirits of ancient kings.
    Needless to say, the marriage didn't last.
    But they are 'conflict-free'. :whistle:

TBH, that's really spooky.
    It reminded me of that horror film where a couple bought a house that was built on an ancient burial site
  • Fuzzy_Duck
    Fuzzy_Duck Posts: 1,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Funnily enough Marlows was the one place I didn't like in the Jewellery Quarter. We'd gone for a browse after getting engaged as we lived in the area at the time. I had no intention of going in Marlows as I'm not keen on diamonds, but we stopped briefly to look in the window. Out comes a saleswoman, who got rather huffy with us when I said we weren't intending on buying anything. As it happens I didn't have an engagement ring at the time, so had their rings been more to my taste I might have considered having a proper look. I hate it when you can't even look without being interrogated though.
  • Pollycat
    Fuzzy_Duck wrote: »
    Funnily enough Marlows was the one place I didn't like in the Jewellery Quarter. We'd gone for a browse after getting engaged as we lived in the area at the time. I had no intention of going in Marlows as I'm not keen on diamonds, but we stopped briefly to look in the window. Out comes a saleswoman, who got rather huffy with us when I said we weren't intending on buying anything. As it happens I didn't have an engagement ring at the time, so had their rings been more to my taste I might have considered having a proper look. I hate it when you can't even look without being interrogated though.
    WOW!
    Now that is serious hassling of a potential customer.
    I might expect that to happen if I were looking in the window of a jeweller shop abroad (I have had it happen to me in Greece, Turkey, India & Bali) but I'd give her short shrift if she tried that on me in Birmingham.

2 negative reviews of this shop against the OP's positive one.
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Pollycat wrote: »
    2 negative reviews of this shop against the OP's positive one.
    Given the dishonest (and quite possibly unlawful) business practices they've demonstrated in this thread I have no doubt that their in-store service will be likewise.
  • Well, it isn’t that I did not go to other stores in Jewellery Quarter, but I guess one hardly remembers the names of the shops visited once (at least I am bad at remembering names). And, I specifically mentioned the name of Marlow’s (with no intention of promoting the shop) only because I bought my ring from there and so, could remember the name.
  • Pollycat
    mistryeve wrote: »
    Well, it isn’t that I did not go to other stores in Jewellery Quarter, but I guess one hardly remembers the names of the shops visited once (at least I am bad at remembering names). And, I specifically mentioned the name of Marlow’s (with no intention of promoting the shop) only because I bought my ring from there and so, could remember the name.
    You mentioned Marlow's diamonds in your very first post, before you even went out looking in proper shops.

Your first post:
    mistryeve wrote: »
    It’s not that I didn’t find any good ring, actually I did, at the website of Marlows-diamonds that has a wide collection but I just want to explore a bit more.
    So you didn't specifically mention them because you bought from there.
  • Pollycat
    JFN01
    As mistryeve has stated he's already bought an engagement ring, I doubt it's an open issue.

You've advertised this website in your first 3 posts.
    Advertising is not allowed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport