Freebie Successes by Letter / Email - What have you recieved? (merged)

Comments

• redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,297 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Usually only go into Waitrose for my free coffee, heard a rumor they might start charging soon. So had a look at what they had cheap on the net. Seen the had frozen meatball £3.59 or 5 for £7.
    Went in, at the checkout they came up at £17.95 told them to keep them.
    Sent them email telling them and they said it was an online offer but the till should have reduced it.
    Asked why it did not say online only offer on there website. Lied and told them how embarrassed I was telling them to keep them.
    So they sent me a £10 gift card.

Strange you had a problem with this offer.
    I used it about a week ago and again this morning without any problem, slthough I did mix the products that I bought rather than buy all the same of the dearest item on offer.
    Interestingly I had looked online before going out and the items included have been amended.
    I think I saw somewhere that the offer is on until 22 March if you want to try again - my CS had said they would manually override if it didn't work at the till.
  • xxdiddiexx
    xxdiddiexx Posts: 330 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    £50 voucher from Hobbs after a £300 coat fell apart after a handful of wears. Also got a full refund.

£220 from southern trains. Compensation for all the ridiculousness that went on last year with their silly and unnecessary strikes and delays.
  • Most work some don't - I'm quite philosophical about free gift giveaways - not really worth getting upset about the ones that don't arrive IMO
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    I both complain and compliment a lot but never receive anything. Usually don't do this to receive anything anyway but I'm amazed by your successes. I got some free tomato seeds recently after applying for them :P
    ally.
  • MotoringMore
    MotoringMore Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    With 2 older threads that get no more treatment, if you compliment companies, which do you find to be the most generous with coupons/freebies?
    Motorsport Fanatic & Comper
  • Fuzzy_Pear
    Fuzzy_Pear Posts: 26 Forumite
    I got £10 worth of vouchers from Unilever when I complained about my stale pot noodle, no amount of water was gonna soften those noodles.
  • Lexxx82
    Lexxx82 Posts: 50 Forumite
    With 2 older threads that get no more treatment, if you compliment companies, which do you find to be the most generous with coupons/freebies?

I've always found McCain and Quorn to be generous with vouchers
  • MotoringMore
    Is it time for a new thread for this to reignite the amount of activity?
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,889 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Is it time for a new thread for this to reignite the amount of activity?

I don't think a new thread will make more people post on it to be honest as the title/idea would still be the same?
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • MotoringMore
    Pepsi sent me some little keyring torches a while back and they were stolen in the post! They kindly sent some more out though. It depends on what you say methinks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport