Money Saver Telecom

Has anyone heard of Money Saver Telecom and would anyonr rate them? I had someone knock on my door this evening, they claimto be 25% cheaper than BT and from the info they gave me it all sounds ok, but wandered if any one else has signed up with them before i sign on the dotted line!!

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Did you ask the minimum term, and the ETC if you want to leave before then?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Ypaymore
    Ypaymore Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    edited 12 October 2011 at 12:53AM
    Cant see anything ok about these terms and conditions ?

Rolling Contract term, minimum period of twenty four months.The Contract will automatically continue for subsequent periods of the same duration. Unless cancelled 28 days before contract expiry date.

In the event you seek to cancel the Contract before the term is up you will incur an early termination charge of the remaining contract months *£8 (part month charged as full month) and a one off charge of £25 including VAT.

Monies taken in the first payment are non-refundable.

We shall be entitled to withdraw any Inclusive Calls at any time and in our absolute and sole discretion. Including calls to 0870 numbers.

If you are a Line Rental Services customer and elect to use another provider for some or all of your calls we may at our sole discretion decide to (i) bar your use of indirect access codes, (ii) charge you a higher fee for your use of the Line Rental Service or (iii) disconnect the Line Rental Services

Or the following ?

Expensive 0844 number 5p plus a minute for Customer Service.

No mention of there charges for call features eg caller display on site.

0845/0870 numbers are not included in inclusive minutes.

Phone packages are paid quarterly in advance by Direct Debit. No monthly option like BT.

www.moneysavertelecom.co.uk
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    If you want '25% cheaper than BT', there are plenty of reputable firms who are both better and cheaper.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    sez. wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of Money Saver Telecom and would anyonr rate them? I had someone knock on my door this evening, they claimto be 25% cheaper than BT and from the info they gave me it all sounds ok, but wandered if any one else has signed up with them before i sign on the dotted line!!
    If their offer was any good, people would be hammering on their door to sign up and they wouldn't need to knock on doors annoying people.

IISTGTBT, IUI.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Hi MoneySaver Telecom has asked us to post a response on its behalf. MSE doesn't endorse anything a company says on the Forum.

Hello, we wish to point out some incorrect information given by one of your posters.

.. "Expensive 0844 number 5p plus a minute for Customer Service":

The number quoted by the poster is actually our New Sales/Orders line. The Customer Service / Technical Faults number is actually 0845 026 7895

. "Phone packages are paid quarterly in advance by Direct Debit. No monthly option like BT": We do have monthly options - All our broadband and call packages are automatically on a monthly plan. On telephone call only packages, we can change the package to a monthly payment if you request it from us.

. "0845/0870 numbers are not included in inclusive minutes":

On our call package screen, it does state that 0845 and 0870 numbers are inclusive within a package. (More information is available within the small print.)

In regards to your comments about our terms and conditions, many companies, like BT and TalkTalk, for example, use similar renewing contracts and are subject to Ofcom guidance like ourselves. However, we thank you for your feedback and are currently taking steps to improve how we deliver information to our potential customers. If you wish to contact us about the issues above or have any queries, please email us at customerservices@moneysavertelecom.com or post in our new Facebook channel and we will answer your query promptly.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Ypaymore
    Ypaymore Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    edited 14 October 2011 at 6:55PM
    Re the above response from the company.

BT and TalkTalk certainly dont ask customers to sign a 24 month rolling contract.

If the customer service number is 0845 ( which is also expensive to ring unless its included in your inclusive minutes) why do they show an 0844 one on website.

See: http://www.moneysavertelecom.com/contact-us.html

On there call package page i can find no mention of 0845/0870 being inclusive despite what they say.

See: http://www.moneysavertelecom.com/call-packages.html all it talks about is free calls to UK Landlines. Which are not in fact free as you pay for them in the package.They are inclusive.

They dont deny there is no mention of there charges for call features eg caller display on site, which could increase your rental depending on the charges..
  • TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi All,

I can confirm TalkTalk do not operate a 24 month rolling contract that automatically renews.

We offer 12 18 and 24 months contracts depending the services taken. This is a minimum terms only. Following the completion of the minimum term there is no obligation to renew and contract terms do not automatically renew, rather they revert to a 28 day rolling notice period.

Regards

Mark
    TalkTalk Online Community Executive
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • brightonman123
    brightonman123 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    edited 29 October 2011 at 3:49PM
    see here- http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2473547&highlight=telecom+plus&page=112

and my recent thread, just posted today. I didnt think to see what MSE thought of them first.!
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=48083029
    Long time away from MSE, been dealing real life stuff..
    Sometimes seen lurking on the compers forum :-)
  • jhp
    jhp Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    see here- http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2473547&highlight=telecom+plus&page=112

and my recent thread, just posted today. I didnt think to see what MSE thought of them first.!
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=48083029

What has UW / Telecom Plus got to do with thread ? which is about moneysavertelecom is it not ?
  • i feel 24 month contracts are unfair, and does not allow customers to shop around for any better deals which (any) company may be offering subsequent new customers..?
    Long time away from MSE, been dealing real life stuff..
    Sometimes seen lurking on the compers forum :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure