Can your family comfortably afford £4,300 a year for Brexit?

It's good to be prepared. Can your family comfortably afford £4300 per year if this turns out to be accurate when Brexit happens?

Millionaire Brexit backer Aaron Banks has described the £4,300 a year it's claimed leaving the EU will cost British families as "an absolute bargain."

Mr Banks, who bankrolls the Leave.EU campaign, says £4,300 a year is a small price to pay for restoring Britain's independence

TUC General Secretary Frances O’Grady said: “The millionaire who funds the Leave EU campaign may think £4,300 a year per family isn’t much money. But losing that much would be a disaster for most working families.

That’s why the TUC has consistently warned of Brexit ’s risk to jobs and to an economy that works for everyone."

Comments

• suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    That 'news' article is a year old, before the brexit vote

Tad out of date now I'd say
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 14 February 2017 at 12:16PM
    I'm more interested to learn that Aaron Banks was the progeny of a self-fertilising hermaphrodite..! :eek:
  • Brexit hasn't happened yet, so don't write off expert predictions and forecasts. It's wise for every family to prepare for one of the riskiest gambles we will experience in our lifetimes, including the near certainty of additional expenditure of thousands of pounds every year.
  • pogofish
    Forumite
    You have still not clarified your relationship to Banks!
  • He has already severely harmed my British family's well-being without our consent. That's our relationship.
  • pogofish
    Forumite
    In the right place I may agree with you - but for now, why don't you and skelp his behind..?
  • Doody
    Doody Posts: 122 Forumite
    Membership of the EU cost our family £88 last year. Very sad face to be losing all those benefits. Protest on the 25th https://www.uniteforeurope.org
    'Get Brexit done' is a lie[
    "Your deal won’t get Brexit done, Mr Johnson. It gets you to the start line, and then the real tough stuff begins"
    Betty Boothroyd
  • Wish the OP would give it up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family