PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Comments

• Funny market near me at the moment. It seems to me like there's dozens of buyers queuing up to buy those houses that are priced lower than others in the market but everything else priced at the recent "norm" is stagnant. I'm totally gutted as we've been looking for a year and everything was overpriced or not quite right. We saw a really well priced property at the weekend and offered asking price but they've accepted a cash offer. Beginning to wonder if we'll ever find a house now! :-(

Good luck guys with your sales, and I know I'm a little biased as I'm a buyer, but prices need to come down and most buyers are waiting for that to happen... so if you're serious about selling and can afford to take the hit now, then in my opinion right now would be a good time to discount your property and get it sold, rather than waiting for everyone else to do it.
  • We have a viewer booked for Saturday. The cynic in me says they'll be a no show or cancel at the last minute so I am not getting my hopes up! (although will clean house to show home standard anyway, I like a clean house!)

321, glad you got sorted! So frustrating these flaky buyers. Surely you either don't offer or be serious about it, shame there is no 'security' when an offer is made - which would stop the timewasters.

Kirtsy - that seems really silly if they are going to follow their 3 week rule when you might get an offer - have you tried talking to them about it?
  • Chickenmama, couldn't agree more, I wouldnt dream of messing someone about like it, if you've made an offer stick to it, unless there are good grounds (such as a bad survey) to renegotiate. It's the way she avoided calls all week that really upset me, at least have the decency to let people know what is going on, don't leave them just dangling! :mad: Any way her loss! Of course, if we were in Scotland she would have be bound to her offer!!

Good luck with the viewing, hope they show up and fall in love with your place!
    REPAYMENT PLAN
    Barclaycard £6700 0% repaying at £300 pm
    LOAN [STRIKE]£14000[/STRIKE] £9352 - DFD September 2022
  • Kirstypoos you put someone else in charge of your selling price?
  • GBR78
    GBR78 Posts: 61 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post
    Still waiting for ours to actually go live....it seems to be taking forever (although in the grand scheme of things it really isn't).

EA instructed on 01/10, photos taken 05/10, EPC couldn't be done until 08/10 (but EA advised the literature was done awaiting this data), EA Sales Manager and a second salesman visited 10/10 and bought literature proof with them. Modified and returned that evening, second proof received 11/10, had to be returned again......still waiting for the third (and hopefully final) copy today. They are planning to go live with that then are returning on Friday to re-take some photos and update as they're really not the best!

I know it's not a long time to wait, but seems to be taking longer than when we sold the first house. We just want to see if there's any interest so we know if the new development is an option for us before they all sell!
  • :wave:

Just checking in, hope everyone is OK and that the week is looking promising.

Chickenmama ....
    Update for me:

Buyer pulled out! Decided to ignore phone calls from the EA rather than actually admit it and it all came to a head today. So we're back on the market. Feeling surprisingly zen about the whole thing and going to try to not think about it too much until the new year - whatever happens, happens!

So sorry to hear this, what a pain and just so rude of them! I truly hope the next lot through the door play nicely, offer fully and proceed quickly for you so you can get the purchase back on track.

:) Fingers crossed for everyone. PN x
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #236 - £ 5 / £332.05 + 365 day penny challenge - £ 18.15 / £667.95; 52 weeks challenge = £183 / £1,378;Frugal Living 2018 #42 <£11,500
    :p
  • 9ja4life
    9ja4life Posts: 226 Forumite
    That's so rude chicken mama. Hoping for a buyer soon for you!

Ours went live yesterday and about 6 viewings booked for the weekend. I really hope it doesn't sit long on the market. Luckily for us, we don't have to clear, tidy etc as it's tenanted and the tenants are packing up to leave
  • GBR78 that seems like a long time to get everything sorted - I would be getting fed up at that timescale! We had the EA visit and take photos etc, we were live on Rightmove the next morning! What do the other houses on RM look like under the same agent - are the listings any good?

Thank you PN (glad everything's ticking along for you - I am keeping an eye on the 'waiting to exchange' thread and hope everything goes smoothly) and 9ja4life - that's amazing you have so many viewings.. you might even get some more booked in over the next few days, it doesn't sound like you'll have to wait long :T
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier

Kirtsy - that seems really silly if they are going to follow their 3 week rule when you might get an offer - have you tried talking to them about it?

I couldn't get through to them to discuss which was frustrating beyond belief! They finally called back and agreed to wait until Mondau so fingers crossed for an offer prior to that :)
    Kirstypoos you put someone else in charge of your selling price?

Yes, unfortunately the property we wanted was a new build - we managed to wangle a rather large discount (5%) but had to be able to reserve then - we paid reservation fee but Barratt won't aceept unless property is under offer or we used their movemaker scheme (the pay agents fees, but must sell within 6 weeks of being on market - 3 weeks at highest agents valuations and 3 weeks at lowest agents valuation)

It's not the end of the World if price is reduced, concern is that the bottom estimate is only 2K more than we need to be able to proceed with new purchase and does anyone really offer asking price these days?!

Keeping everything crossed for a proceedable offer on Saturday!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Elfbert
    Elfbert Posts: 578 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well, after about a week on the market we have 11 viewers waiting to see the place, so I guess we'll be having an open day! I just hope someone out of those 11 likes it enough to buy it. Got everything crossed. Eeeep!
    Mortgage - £[STRIKE]68,000 may 2014[/STRIKE] 45,680.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback