Monument Credit Card

Comments

• Wiggynut
    Wiggynut Posts: 1,039
    First Post
    Forumite
    I've checked the address forum which lists the one for charges list but nothing for the 2nd letter. Where do I send this one.
    :confused:

Thanks

If you were successful when did they pay up after 2nd letter???
    thanks
    Light bulb moment April 07: [strike]£3,655 [/strike] Oct 07: [strike]£2,220[/strike] now 0 - 3 years of Uni debt to be added at a later date :o:D
    now at Uni as a Mature student -update: now has a First Class BA!
  • Wiggynut
    First Post
    Forumite
    Where do I send 2nd letter to monument... there's an address for the first - charges list but no 2nd.
    thanks for any info
    :o
    Light bulb moment April 07: [strike]£3,655 [/strike] Oct 07: [strike]£2,220[/strike] now 0 - 3 years of Uni debt to be added at a later date :o:D
  • Wiggynut wrote: »
    I've checked the address forum which lists the one for charges list but nothing for the 2nd letter. Where do I send this one.
    :confused:

Thanks

If you were successful when did they pay up after 2nd letter???
    thanks

i relied to address on the letter that came with my list of charges hope that helps
  • bev79
    bev79 Posts: 98 Forumite
    my statements came yesterday, 2 weeks after I requested them which I was v pleased about. Accompanying them was a letter stating that all charges were fair and my own fault for paying late/not paying at all. Anyway sent Letter 1 yesterday afternoon to request £480 + £80 interest!
  • bev79
    I used the Crawley Hill address on top of the letter they sent me
    Monument
    The Portland Building
    25 High Street
    Crawley
    West Sussex
    RH10 1BG
  • bev79
    Update- Received a letter yesterday offering me half (£280) and saying that is half of each charge, as the OFT suggested. Not prepared to offer any interest.
    I will be writing back today thanking them for their kind offer, but rejecting it and proceeding onwards to get my full claim back!!
  • Wiggynut
    First Post
    Forumite
    got a letter last night from Monument offering half which I would take but as I've been trying to sort this out for 2.5 years with no response to all my letters and phone calls I will now be refusing.

When sending the letter saying no I guess I add the name of the county court in it and give them 14 days (I think, I'll have a further look over this site to confirm) but the site for courts is rather confusing and my nearest court is a magistrates court which says its work is 'Adult criminal' and 'criminal' but does this include this sort of clain (as you can guess I have no idea over courts! :confused: )

the fee for the charges is £50 which is slightly scaring as I've started a new job and I have to live on two weeks wages (low amount) for a month before I get paid again and have DD to pay also so £50 is a lot but might have this amount on my credit card (NOT monument obviously! :o )

I'll let you guys know what happens once I've figured out the 3rd letter. ;)
  • PaulW922
    PaulW922 Posts: 1,037
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You must use the COUNTY court. They are often situated with criminal courts (Magistrates and/or Crown) but not always. However if you start your claim via the moneyclaim web site then it will commence in the County Court bulk centre in Northampton. It will only move if the claim is contested.

And for everyone claiming from Monument - that is just a trading name. Your account is with Barclays Bank. Any claim should be addressed to 'Barclays Bank plc trading as Monument Credit card'.
  • Wiggynut
    First Post
    Forumite
    Hi Thanks for your help :j

I'm getting all rather confused over this - should I say I will accept the half refund as a partial refund only??? does that mean they add that to my account now? plus I'm not sure what to say in my 3rd letter - do I mention that I will commence court procedings in 14 days?

and what is a POC, which I've seen mentioned several time on different sites - as you can see I have no idea about this sort of stuff! :confused:
  • I have a credit card with Monument with a credit limit of £250. I haven't used this for years but because of charges my balance is over £1000.

I know that I will be able to claim back charges that I have paid. What I need to know is if I can tell them to take the other charges off. I haven't paid these so obviously I cant ask for the money. If they took these charges off then this account would be cleared.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport