Keeping up appearances.......

Comments

• HappyNow
    HappyNow Posts: 1,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper First Post
    Hello, just a very quick post to say that Mr H and I are safely back from our travels. We have had THE BEST time and desperately want to go again! I will do a proper update tomorrow and have a full catch-up, but for now it's off to bed with me. Holidays are just exhausting.........
    LBM Dec 2011. Aimed, but failed, to clear all unsecured debt by Feb 2019. Finally free of unsecured debt 21st May 21!

Debt Dec 11: Unsecured £69,579 + Mortgage £59,948 = £129,527
    Debt May 21: Unsecured ZERO! ZILCH! Mortgage £22,332
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Glad you are home safely.
  • Dolphin1
    Dolphin1 Posts: 855 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    the weekend is full of cake deliveries

Ooooh, cake!!! Yum! :drool:
  • Dolphin1
    HappyNow wrote: »
    Hello, just a very quick post to say that Mr H and I are safely back from our travels. We have had THE BEST time and desperately want to go again! I will do a proper update tomorrow and have a full catch-up, but for now it's off to bed with me. Holidays are just exhausting.........

Welcome back! Glad you had a great time. Sounds like it was well worth it!
  • Dolphin1
    Yesterday's update...

1) No butter.
    2) No cake.
    3) Light off at 11.00pm .
    4) Need to do a meal plan for next week.
    5) No spends on other people.
  • Dolphin1
    Yesterday's update...

1) No butter.
    2) No cake.
    3) Light off at 11.00pm .
    4) Meal plan for the week done and most of the shopping delivered this morning. Will only need to buy a bit of fresh stuff towards the end of the week although I seem to be buying strawberries daily at the moment. They seem to go soft very quickly and I haven't really got room in the fridge to store more than one punnet at a time anyway.
  • Dolphin1
    Yesterday's update...

1) No butter.
    2) No cake.
    3) Light off at 10.40pm but didn't get to sleep until almost midnight despite being shattered :mad:.
    4) Meal plan for week already done.
  • Dolphin1
    I am also setting myself a mini target this week to not have anything naughty, i.e. butter, cake, sweets, biscuits, chocolate, ice cream, cream or yoghurts/desserts of any kind. I have been hovering around the same weight for a few weeks now and feel that if I cut out all of the rubbish then it may kick-start my weight loss again. The slightest bit of rubbish seems to sabotage my weight loss.

Only a couple of days to July! Will anyone be setting any targets for July? I don't think that I can do it on my own. :(
  • Dolphin1
    Sorry Mrs HappyNow, I feel like I have taken over your diary while you have been away.
  • HappyNow
    HappyNow Posts: 1,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper First Post
    Dolphin1 wrote: »
    Sorry Mrs HappyNow, I feel like I have taken over your diary while you have been away.
    Dolphin, you have been brilliant and I am so pleased you've kept the thread going :). Well done on keeping to all your targets (well most of them - I spotted a couple of near-whoopsies while I was in Spain!). You have kept me silently motivated while I was away, so thanks for that. I wasn't able to post because I use 'in private browsing' on my laptop which doesn't exist on my phone, but I have read and silently cheered you on most days. I am definitely setting July challenges, which will probably be mainly about healthy eating after the numerous Spanish blowouts! And then there was all that Sangria :o. A full list will be posted up tomorrow :)

I'm a bit worried about Honey, who seems to be AWOL. I hope it's because she's doing something magnificent and fun, but she did mention in an earlier post that Kelpie had a vet appointment so I hope there's nothing wrong.

Signature updated, £1100 paid off. Hope I can manage not to borrow any of it back..........
    LBM Dec 2011. Aimed, but failed, to clear all unsecured debt by Feb 2019. Finally free of unsecured debt 21st May 21!

Debt Dec 11: Unsecured £69,579 + Mortgage £59,948 = £129,527
    Debt May 21: Unsecured ZERO! ZILCH! Mortgage £22,332
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport