Ryanair cancelling up to 50 flights a day

Comments

• korky69
    korky69 Posts: 525 Forumite
    Ganga wrote: »
    Where does the danger come from?

err, no or little cash and no credit cards and stranded in a foreign country!
    not everyone carries them so yes , maybe just maybe this can be dangerous when ryanair don't usually look after people
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,130
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    korky69 wrote: »
    err, no or little cash and no credit cards and stranded in a foreign country!
    not everyone carries them so yes , maybe just maybe this can be dangerous when ryanair don't usually look after people

Anyone who goes abroad without a credit card or source of emergency cash is just asking for trouble - especially when flying on a budget carrier. Travel insurance doesn't cover everything and even if it is the policy then it won't pay out immediately.

Calling your situation "Stranded" is also a bit of an overdramatisation when you get to spend some extra time in the holiday destination of your choice.
  • My local bus company is only running one route per week
    Ditto the trains.
    Ditto the taxis.

All to acheive running near 100% to timetables.

Am I making this up? No just following the Ryan Air example
  • korky69
    korky69 Posts: 525 Forumite
    Doshwaster wrote: »
    Anyone who goes abroad without a credit card or source of emergency cash is just asking for trouble - especially when flying on a budget carrier. Travel insurance doesn't cover everything and even if it is the policy then it won't pay out immediately.

Calling your situation "Stranded" is also a bit of an overdramatisation when you get to spend some extra time in the holiday destination of your choice.

sorry but i don't agree, yes i always take a credit card for emergencies but not all have them for whatever reasons so it is definitely a danger to those who don't, please don't patronise those in this situation, you are saying those who could have fallen into debt before and cannot get a credit card but now can afford a cheap break away aren't allowed?
    SHAME ON YOU
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    k3lvc wrote: »
    You genuinely think this bothers them ?

In a word - yes. Because it's hit the fan in a far bigger way than they expected it to.

Expect a retraction very soon as a damage limitation exercise.
  • Ryanair - They are like an alcoholic who has been sober for a year and just went on a self destructive binge this last 4 months.
    They were doing so well with "Always Getting Better" policy. Its nuts
  • Hopefully it wont affect our annual two week jollies to Fuerteventura.2 more sleeps for my dd who turned 4 today.:j

It does seem to be the shorter flights that are getting cancelled,although I cant stop checking my inbox even though I have notifications eek.

Managed to dodge the planned spanish airports aena strikes although my brother who is joining us is coming out on one of the planned days.:(

What with the air traffic in France business Im at my wits end.

On a lighter note the Euro has seen a nice jump so more sangria for me.

Adios amigos :D:beer:
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Due the musical seats (pay the piper) policy Ryanair introduced over the last year I'd avoided using them, Flybe booked for upcoming trip, glad now.
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,271
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    buglawton wrote: »
    Due the musical seats (pay the piper) policy Ryanair introduced over the last year I'd avoided using them, Flybe booked for upcoming trip, glad now.

Only works if you have a choice of airlines. Not always the case
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,051
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    richardw wrote: »
    They can't fill the planes, it's money saving.

You're on the right lines.... however there's 2 seats in particular that they are having trouble filling. And that is the real reason for this debacle. Not realigning holiday years or for punctuality.

And who in their right mind thought that announcing the cancellations are to "improve on time performance" was a good idea? Ryanair really do seem to have lost the plot this summer...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure