Budget Wars - A New Hope (with apologies to George Lucas)

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Hope you all mend soon x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Get better soon Bob and family, and a belated happy birthday for yesterday for dd.
    Lots of love to you and yours xxx
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 9 October 2016 at 10:51AM
    Thanks all so much for the kind wishes. And Foxy hope Mr F feels better soon. I have never had a migraine. They sound so awful.

Well. DH having done 2 hours of bike riding yesterday to facilitate the 2 bookings we had (both of whom have emailed their praise for the venue and hope to return) was up being sick through the night so thank goodness I'm feeling brighter. Still very tired and fuzzy but to be expected after almost 48 hours of illness.
    DS has managed a shower and breakfast today. DD seems well in herself but clearly still has a bad tum.

If DS stays well today I'm going to aim to get him back to school tommorow . He hasnt been sick since the early hours on Friday/Saturday so I think should go back.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Our school rule is 48 hrs after the last bout of v/d. they are safe to return to school. Wish other people would stick to it - in Manchester they lost 24 kids in one day to a v/d outbreak, I walked into the class at the end of the day and there were only 6 of them sitting there. The teachers were terrified they were going to get it. 4 days before the end of term.

Oh poor Mr Bob! What a star for keeping it at bay until the weekend is over.

Mr F is absolutely fine, he didn't leave the house all weekend, hardly left the sofa, I made him lots of posh tea and coffee (YS), he did lots of reading and computer playing and toddled off to work this morning on his bike. So I assume he has recovered. It is all stress related - start of Uni teaching last week.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Bobarella
    Yes I think we are the same rule wise. How awful on that class all getting sick en masse. The teacher must have been thinking it's my turn next! I am glad Mr F is back in the saddle.

• Bobarella
    So today was a bit mental. I just couldn't sleep last night, don't know if it was the effects of daytime sleeping on Saturday or what but I was awake till about 3 or 4. Horrible when that happens.

Because OH needed a day in bed I did the school run anyway but felt so rubbish I left the house with no coffee or toast. Got DS to school then me and DD walked to the business to drop off some cash and I did a mad clean for an hour and a half as it needed it after the weekends events. From there walked/bused home. Had my winter boots on for the first time this year and forgot that they really hurt the soles of my feet unless I wear two pairs of socks or one really thick pair so ended up with hideous blisters on the soles of my feet. Found a composter on the walk home with a take me sign so I nabbed that.
    Got home. Hoovered the whole house. Put away all the sickness related bumf, like 16 duvets, sick bucket, another stack of dried bedding. cleaned the kitchen. Checked my banking. Did the shopping and came back. Then school run again, finally had a sandwich so first food of the day at 4.30, not good.
    Made a lasagne and managed an hours work whilst OH watched DD then cycled back to the business to show a potential client around. Left there at 8.30 cycled home. DD still awake. She seems to be linked to me in terms of sleeping still. We had the lasagne and watched an episode of The B, sent an email advertising the business to a large regional network, answered 2 enquiries both wanting dates that are booked already. And came to bed.

Today has literally been a blur.

• Phew! I'm tired just reading that :)

Hope everyone is feeling much better today and that you got some sleep last night.

The business is really taking off, what is it that you're doing?
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    You need a cape with SB on it!
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Ratison
    Ratison Posts: 263 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Yay Bob has a diary - I've been away a while, but have subscribed. Hope everyone has had a vomit free day!
  • Bobarella
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    You need a cape with SB on it!

Why was my first thought Swag Bucks???

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport