Porting a landline

Options
I'm attempting to port a landline / broadband between Plusnet and Sky - Following numerous phone calls between Sky and Plusnet I have finally been informed by Sky that the reason a 'cease' notice has been added to my landline is that I can only port on 3 seperate occasions therefore my choices are stay with Plusnet or port to the original provider BT (of 15 year ago) or accept a new number.

I've searched on the net and unable to find any reference to this, anyone with telecoms experience help me?

I would add that both Plusnet and Sky have not shirked In their efforts to help.

Comments

• LazyTyper
    Options
    I'm attempting to port a landline / broadband between Plusnet and Sky - Following numerous phone calls between Sky and Plusnet I have finally been informed by Sky that the reason a 'cease' notice has been added to my landline is that I can only port on 3 seperate occasions therefore my choices are stay with Plusnet or port to the original provider BT (of 15 year ago) or accept a new number.

I've searched on the net and unable to find any reference to this, anyone with telecoms experience help me?

I would add that both Plusnet and Sky have not shirked In their efforts to help.

That statement that '[you] can only port on 3 separate occasions' is complete rubbish. You can port a hundred times if you want.

As I understand, Sky is your new provider, so it is up to them to manage this port on your behalf. Understandably, Plusnet won't be willing to help if they know they are losing you as a customer.

However, I strongly suggest you raise a formal complaint to Plusnet stating that you intend to port your number away. This will protect you if things get taken further.
  • Gordon_Hose
    Gordon_Hose Posts: 6,259 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I've worked in number portability for 12 years, and I've never heard of this 3 port limit!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure