Which mattress? (merged threads)

Comments

• TiTheRev
    TiTheRev Posts: 3,215 Forumite
    This is technically a Kozee Sleep mattress which is the poorer half of the Kozeesleep split Tim talks about. Looks a fair spec, but Tim will know more ;)
    :A Luke 6:38 :A
    The above post is either from personal experience or is my opinion based on the person God has made me and the way I understand things. Please don't be offended if that opinion differs from yours, but feel free to click the 'Thanks' button if it's at all helpful!
  • Tim_Deegan
    Tim_Deegan Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    Actually Kozeesleep do still make it. From what I understand Kozeesleep's is to a higher spec than Kozee Sleep's version.

It is an entry level pocket sprung mattress, and is more or less the medium version of the Pocketmaster.
  • There is a pdf on the Kozeesleep website that can be downloaded which lists their mattresses http://www.wsltd.co.uk/kozee/kozeesleep.pdf though it doesn't give a lot of information.

Kozeesleep Duchess is currently my number 1 contender - I would be interested to hear from anyone with an opinion about it.
  • Tim_Deegan
    Wistful wrote: »
    There is a pdf on the Kozeesleep website that can be downloaded which lists their mattresses http://www.wsltd.co.uk/kozee/kozeesleep.pdf though it doesn't give a lot of information.

Kozeesleep Duchess is currently my number 1 contender - I would be interested to hear from anyone with an opinion about it.

You might be better off with a medium or soft to medium mattress rather than the Duchess which is soft.
  • 14 years- mine hasn't lasted 14 months. i bought a pillow top airsprung and cant sleep on it any more as it gives me back ache. its no turn which i didnt realise when i got it.

anyone had experience of getting money back on faulty mattresses? argos say i need to get an upholsterers report....

also, what type is good for back and neck problems? not bloody pillow tops i now realise...

thanks
  • Tim_Deegan
    love_lifer wrote: »
    14 years- mine hasn't lasted 14 months. i bought a pillow top airsprung and cant sleep on it any more as it gives me back ache. its no turn which i didnt realise when i got it.

anyone had experience of getting money back on faulty mattresses? argos say i need to get an upholsterers report....

also, what type is good for back and neck problems? not bloody pillow tops i now realise...

thanks

You have actually been victim of two of the bed industries gimmicks (the pillow top mattress, and the non turn mattress).

The best type to give you good support are pocket sprung with memory foam. However if that is outside your budget then go for pocket sprung only.

As for Argos, they should send someone out to inspect the mattress. Don't be fobbed off if they try telling you that it is normal. If the mattress isn't as comfortable as it was when you bought it, then it is no good.
  • thanks for that. i'll have another go at argos but its outside the 1 year guarantee period. i thougth most mattresses carried at least a 5 year guarantee.

anyway, will have a look for pocket sprung and continue to sleep in spare room
  • Decola
    Decola Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    14 years- mine hasn't lasted 14 months. i bought a pillow top airsprung and cant sleep on it any more as it gives me back ache. its no turn which i didnt realise when i got it.

thanks

I bought a Healthbeds Memoryflex foam mattress from Mattressman, on the basis of a Which report.

It began sagging in the middle within six months, at which point I wrote to the retailer asking for their views. They said they'd get in touch with Healthbeds and get a rep to look at the mattress - so no need for an external expert's report.

Three months on, and a series of polite emails with Mattressman, brought offer of a refund or an exchange. I took the refund.

Although I like the warmth of a memory foam mattress, I'm now looking at ordinary sprung ones for durability.
  • Tim_Deegan
    Decola wrote: »
    I bought a Healthbeds Memoryflex foam mattress from Mattressman, on the basis of a Which report.

It began sagging in the middle within six months, at which point I wrote to the retailer asking for their views. They said they'd get in touch with Healthbeds and get a rep to look at the mattress - so no need for an external expert's report.

Three months on, and a series of polite emails with Mattressman, brought offer of a refund or an exchange. I took the refund.

Although I like the warmth of a memory foam mattress, I'm now looking at ordinary sprung ones for durability.

The problem isn't with the memory foam, as it is more durable than springs. The problem is more likely to be the reflex foam, and the fact that you can't turn it.
  • Tim_Deegan
    thanks for that. i'll have another go at argos but its outside the 1 year guarantee period. i thougth most mattresses carried at least a 5 year guarantee.

anyway, will have a look for pocket sprung and continue to sleep in spare room

Most manufacturers put a 12 month guarantee against materials and workmanship. Longer guarantees tend to be on a sliding scale. For example if the guarantee is for five years, and you have a problem with your mattress after four, then you may have to pay up to 80% of the replacement cost + delivery.

As some people on MSE will tell you, if an item should be expected to last say five years, then even though your guarantee may have expired, then legally you might have a case against them in the small claims court. However try threatening them with trading standards first.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure