getting money back for faulty xbox one

My wife bought me an xbox one for Xmas last year. In the middle of September this year it started making a funny electrical noise so I sent it back to MS to get it repaired. It came back after 10 days ( although the serial number is different,which I assume is either a new console or a reconditioned one!) but 5 days later it is making the same noise as before. I am loathed to send it back again and would rather just take it back to argos for a refund. Is this possible? Not bothered about cash as a credit note would do. Can someone please advise me. Thank you.

Comments

• bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    It's only possible if they say yes.

Legally they can repair, replace or refund what ever suits them best, the choice is theirs.
  • Hedgehog99
    Hedgehog99 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Your contract is with the seller (Argos), so it's their problem to take it up with MS. Argos were good when I took a radio-controlled watch back within its guarantee time - no quibble replacement. You don't need a receipt to return faulty goods, but it'd help WRT the date your wife bought it/guarantee period.
  • JJG
    JJG Posts: 330 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I imagine things have been made more complicated by the fact you dealt with Microsoft directly the first time and they have replaced your xbox. I may be wrong but I imagine Argos's liability was for the actual console they sold to you, which you now no longer have.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure