Fairfx currency not received

Anyone had this happen and can advise?
I ordered 3000 US dollars from Fairfx on Monday 25th June and never recieved them:mad:!!
Luckily, I managed to beg & borrow so I could still take my girls to Florida.
After a number of e-mails (only 1 which has been replied too!) and call to Fairfx and Royal Mail it seems that the currency has went missing :( & Royal Mail has launched an enquiry.
Talking to Fairfx they say I have to wait another week before contacting them & I have no idea when my payment will be refunded and that no compensation is available to me, even although special delivery think has this. I would have thought that they could refund my money as Royal Mail have launched an enquiry??

Comments

• Bob_the_Saver
    Bob_the_Saver Posts: 5,610 Forumite
    slim_me wrote: »
    Anyone had this happen and can advise?
    I ordered 3000 US dollars from Fairfx on Monday 25th June and never recieved them:mad:!!
    Luckily, I managed to beg & borrow so I could still take my girls to Florida.
    After a number of e-mails (only 1 which has been replied too!) and call to Fairfx and Royal Mail it seems that the currency has went missing :( & Royal Mail has launched an enquiry.
    Talking to Fairfx they say I have to wait another week before contacting them & I have no idea when my payment will be refunded and that no compensation is available to me, even although special delivery think has this. I would have thought that they could refund my money as Royal Mail have launched an enquiry??

But as yet I guess they just have your word it wasn't received.
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    It would have been signed for if received
  • Bob_the_Saver
    Bob_the_Saver Posts: 5,610 Forumite
    It would have been signed for if received

I guess that's what's being investigated, who signed for it.
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    do you have the special delivery tracking number? Not sure if FairFX send that to you...but if they do, you can look on Royal Mail's website to see if it was delivered, when, and see the signature of whoever signed for it.

Agree that it will take time for the parties involved to look into it...I can see why it's frustrating from your end as you KNOW you didn't receive it and no one took it in on your behalf and gave it to you...but neither FairFX or RMG will know that without doing some digging...we had it happen once that a neighbor took in a delivery for us and decided they wanted to keep it...it was only after the enquiry was opened and we were told it was signed for by (adult woman of a particular description) at (address) on (date and time) and we went around to enquire...were first told no, no...nothing taken in by then...awhile later, lo and behold, 'oh, we found this, our 9-year-old son signed for it and we didn't know'...so maybe an evil neighbor actually signed for it....
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • mcfisco
    mcfisco Posts: 1,955
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Talking to Fairfx they say I have to wait another week before contacting them & I have no idea when my payment will be refunded and that no compensation is available to me, even although special delivery think has this

FairFX have a contract with the PO not you, so it's correct that no compensation is payable to you from the PO
    It's up to FairFX to refund you and chase any compensation with the PO
    They are going to wait for due process though so you'll have to hang tight for now.
    FairFX have a contract with you to deliver the cash, as soon as it's clear that this isn't going to happen they must refund you
    I have long known that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.
  • slim_me
    slim_me Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 21 July 2012 at 10:01PM
    Thanks for all your comments
    No signature as it is still in Royal Mail's system - Have tracking number & currently 'progressing through our network'!! Somewhere between Glasgow & my local sorting office which I visited twice to be shown that it was on their delivery list but they never received it
    Thought that FairFx would have something in place to deal with situations like this so customers could receive a refund & they can sort if out between themselves & Royal Mail - esp since they will be compensated.
  • mcfisco
    mcfisco Posts: 1,955
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thought that FairFx would have something in place to deal with situations like this so customers could receive a refund & they can sort if out between themselves & Royal Mail - esp since they will be compensated.

The problem with that is that the PO won't consider it lost until 3 weeks has past, until they tell FairFX that it's lost, they can't really refund you.
    If they did and it subsequently turned up, they'd have to get the cash back off you somehow.
    It's an unfortunate situation but ordering that much cash at the last minute always carried risks of delay.
    In hindsight, some sort of pre-paid card or a current account debit card and a small amount of cash to cover the first couple of days would probably have been a better idea - I'm sure you agree?
    I have long known that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    slim_me wrote: »
    Thanks for all your comments
    No signature as it is still in Royal Mail's system - Have tracking number & currently 'progressing through our network'!! Somewhere between Glasgow & my local sorting office which I visited twice to be shown that it was on their delivery list but they never received it

Are they refering to the DUN notes?
    A long printed list of SD tracking barcodes (like a big till receipt)
  • Just wondering if Fairfx eventually paid up for your loss? My currency order with Fairfx was also lost in the post and they are refusing a refund and are just blaming Royal Mail.
  • Backbiter
    Backbiter Posts: 1,393
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Fairfx send huge amounts of currency through the post but don't send it special delivery? Seriously?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure