Rail Tickets and Purchase Protection

I think I already know the answer to this but I thought I'd ask just incase...

I have bought two rail tickets for myself and a friend (£80 total) - they are 'advance' tickets so are not eligible for a refund under the Great Western terms and conditions - the offer to change them for a £10 fee plus the difference is about as useful as just buying new tickets as there is often less than £10 difference.

I was using the tickets to go and see a concert in London but the concert has now been cancelled.

I payed using a Mastercard Credit Card.

Is there any way that I can use any of the Mastercard protections to get that money back?

I assume not as it doesn't work like insurance but I was surprised to find that Mastercard cover such things as trainers which have worn after a few months as they consider them to be faulty goods etc.

Comments

• Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.

I’ve moved your thread from the ‘I wanna’ board to the ‘Public Transport & Cycling’ board, where it is better suited.

Regards

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    As the train company are still supplying the service that you paid for then there is no breach of contract so no way to claim via your credit card.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure