Ebay Item Not arrived but email from Royal Mail

13»

Comments

• I once had someone raise a case for non-delivery because they didn't know where their item was. They were in a student building with a security guard who took the mail in like a concierge service. But rather than go downstairs and ask him, the buyer would rather just raise a case and see if I could tell her where it was in her building.
    The reason I mention this story, is this is the kind of mentality met by sellers and why they might think the easiest thing to do, when most people put up resistance to checking their mail depot, is to simply re-arrange delivery. Just remember- it's not just you.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • jeffuk
    jeffuk Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Just a thought, could the item have been sent "Large Letter, 1st class Signed For", £3.62, ? Maybe needs a signature on delivery.
  • Tom99
    Tom99 Posts: 5,371 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    jeffuk wrote: »
    Just a thought, could the item have been sent "Large Letter, 1st class Signed For", £3.62, ? Maybe needs a signature on delivery.

They would be mad if they did, it was BIN £3.50 free postage.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Tom99 wrote: »
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Yes I do understand and also that the seller is doing this for all the right reasons.

[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I have been told a re delivery is to attempted but its quite likely there is nothing there to re delivered.

Just to be clear its the email from Royal Mail I have not anything from the seller.

[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The seller should have used there own email or notified me of what they were doing and that it might or might not work. [/FONT]

It is quite likely but the action the seller made does make the Delivery Office check for the item. If it's been put in the wrong section then hopefully it will be located.

If it isn't you will get a refund.

It's not rocket science.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family