Tight deadline, stick or twist?

Hi, my wife and I are currently applying for a mortgage with Nationwide. Already had DIP and valuation (both passed). Someone has been on the phone earlier to say we have passed 'affordability' at underwriting but they need a copy of our annual tax credits statement (this is going to be arriving by 2nd class post from hmrc). Predicting 1 week for post, then 2-3 days for the information to be checked again.

Our estate agent has a mortgage broker who reckons we could get a 10 day turnaround (application to offer) with Newcastle. With Newcastle we would only need our bank statements for tax credits instead of the award notice.

Does anyone know which seems best? First time buyer and regret not using a broker at first
with all the frustration the process has been. Also we were due to complete by the 6th april so time is getting tight.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    If you're going to use a broker, don't let it be one out of the back of an estate agent.

Speak to a real one. They'll let you know what your best options are and if starting afresh is remotely possible.
  • If time is tight I'm not sure I would be recommending Newcastle, they are not exactly known for speedy service. I would think you could get a quicker turnaround than 10 days. Is it possible to get an extension on the completion date to ease some pressure?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure