Comments

• Amara
    Amara Posts: 2,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Hi Sazzle13
    Big congrats on paying off you debt :)
    £60 from me.
  • Happy belated September everyone...

So - a *lot* has happened since I last posted. The long and short of it is I will be relocating up North to Manchester next month - which has of course thrown my finances into total disarray. Unfortunately my father has become unwell and hospitalised, and he was the main carer for my mother who already has dementia. Consequently - I feel I need to be a little nearer to offer my support at this difficult time.

I'm really pleased I wiped the £2000 off at the start of this challenge - but it is unlikely I will make a further £500, as my spare cash will now go into the move.

I will look out for the next challenge - and by then, I will hopefully have more idea by then what my financial situation will be like. Keep up the great work and I will see you all soon.

x
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Aww abundant how quickly your life can change. Good luck in your move and looking after your mother. Hope your father is well.:grouphug:

Hi everyone.

Feeling useless in this challenge. I have paid another £100 today but that will be my final attempt at this challenge. :o

Put me down for the new Challenge as my debts are increasing each day this week, car repairs, insurance and now need a new front door - plus it's only Wednesday. Normally would have saved for car insurance but haven't had any spare cash so added to credit cards.

Hey ho its only money:rotfl:Things could be worse.

760/1400 paid off so I got over halfway:D
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • Amara
    Amara Posts: 2,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Hi guys
    Please don't feel disheartened. This challenge will finish soon , but new one will come. What's about starting on 18th September?
    £60 from me. I failed . Gosh , I feel carp. Ooops, I wrote something above .
  • LoLo
    LoLo Posts: 545 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi all
    Fell behind completely with this challenge and like Calling my debt actually increased due to my husband walking out on me and leaving me to pay everything for the house we only bought last year.

I really need to get my debt down asap as I need to be able to take him off of the mortgage but with my current level of debt I don't feel I will get the mortgage on my own just yet even though I have been making the payments alone since May so I can afford it but on paper it looks like I can't.

So when the next challenge starts I am really in 100% and I am going to aim high. I want to have made a significant dent in my debt by the end on this year.

Any ideas on how I could do this would be more than welcomed.
  • Calling14
    Lolo sorry to hearyour circumstances, stay determined and hopefully we all get debt free in the end.:D Race you:rotfl:
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • Calling14
    Thanks Amara for running the challenge by the way x
  • LoLo
    Calling14 wrote: »
    Lolo sorry to hearyour circumstances, stay determined and hopefully we all get debt free in the end.:D Race you:rotfl:

Thanks Calling14. You're on. Enough time spent feeling sorry for myself so it's time to pick myself up off the floor and go at this debt shifting with all that I have.
  • Calling14
    LoLo wrote: »
    Thanks Calling14. You're on. Enough time spent feeling sorry for myself so it's time to pick myself up off the floor and go at this debt shifting with all that I have.

See you at the finish line :T
  • LoLo
    Will there be another challenge? If so any ideas when it will start?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure