* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Evening everyone, i hope you have all had a good weekend, i have had quite a relaxing one, the kids went to London yesterday to do an Escape Room so i had a day of reading magazines and kindle, then today after picking our shop up and getting caught in the town half marathon, we came home and watched a film, curled up under throws.

3FORHOLIDAYS we all need extra hours in the day dont we? :D

MRSINVISIBLE congratulations on your new car, good for you to have something you really want, you do so much for everyone, i hope you enjoy it! I hope DGS is feeling better now and the bug has gone

CHRISSY oh your poor DH! Why do some drs not listen when the patient usually knows the symptoms, i hope he recovers quickly and you can destress when he comes home, good on you for complaining when you can

TRENDYJENNY i have only decluttered two green bags of garden stuff into the green bin but i feel so much better i have been trying to do it for 5 weeks and it was done in 2 minutes!!

#103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Evening everyone, i hope you have all had a good weekend, i have had quite a relaxing one, the kids went to London yesterday to do an Escape Room so i had a day of reading magazines and kindle, then today after picking our shop up and getting caught in the town half marathon, we came home and watched a film, curled up under throws.

Whoops, apologies if it was the half marathon I was running in today :o

Which is a little why I haven't been on here for a bit as I've been head down in training (or rather less training and more panicking about what on earth I had signed up for :rotfl:)
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• freespirit66
    Forumite
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Whoops, apologies if it was the half marathon I was running in today :o

Which is a little why I haven't been on here for a bit as I've been head down in training (or rather less training and more panicking about what on earth I had signed up for :rotfl:)

Haha was it the Reading Half Marathon? No apologies needed my lovely we were just a bit earlier than planned going into the town centre. I hope it went well, we were admiring the stragglers bless them they looked totally exhausted!
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Haha was it the Reading Half Marathon? No apologies needed my lovely we were just a bit earlier than planned going into the town centre. I hope it went well, we were admiring the stragglers bless them they looked totally exhausted!

It was indeed the Reading half :D I managed a PB so feeling pleased. I did look whistfully at someone's Next sale bag in the town thinking. 'I could be doing that rather than this madness' :rotfl: The support was great though, it really makes a difference to the runners and I'm sure those you saw appeaicated it.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• freespirit66
    Forumite
    KERRI - ooh well done for running your personal best, congratulations!
    04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Good Morning all,

Peppa- Congratulations on the house sale, fantastic news x
    Free- sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday
    ChrissyG- definitely complain as they need to know that they have misdiagnosed your hubby again! not only that, how many other people may the GP have misdiagnosed? The gp may need some help/timeoff so a complaint will make the practice look into it.
    MrsI- a new car sounds amazing, you definitely deserve it! enjoy xx
    Kerrigt- well done on your PB xx
    3forholidays-I would love a clone as I am meeting myself coming back at the moment!
    trendyjenny-Good price for the art sets, I tried to do a little shopping yesterday but had DD with me and DS needed picking up from a hike he was doing. He was cold, muddy and hungry. Not a good combination lol
    vulpix- belated birthday wishes hope you had an amazing time x

Still busy at work, am loving it but it is very full on. We are currently starting to renovate the house. Trying to find reliable workers is proving difficult. Have bought myself a fitbit so will set it up tonight and start using it as just do not have time to get to the gym. Not done anyhthing for christmas yet. Going to start putting some cash away and buy nearer the time I think. We have booked an Easter surprise weekend away for us as a family of 4, my mum will be staying at mine to watch my dog. Kids will go crazy when they find out.
  • mrsinvisible
    mrsinvisible Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    ChrissyG definitely definitely complain about a repeated mis-diagnosis, and a meeting with the misdiagnosing GP, then you know that the message has been received.
    046... how super, what a great treat for you all for easter. Hope you find reliable builders soon, we are lucky round here, well blessed with real, good tradespeople.
    Kerri GT, congratulations on completion and PB half marathon, l am always in awe of people who can run, or do any kind of sport, me, l can do conclusion jumping, but nothing more strenuous !
    Free, an afternoon under a throw sounds just lovely, will definitely copy that., and yes, thanks, DGS is fully recovered, back to school this morning.
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Free- sounds like a nice calming day- whats an escape room?
    Mrs I- good on you for getting a new car for yourself! The amount of running around you do for others you deserve it.
    Kerri- well done on your PB- you should be proud of yourself!
    Trendyjenny- sounds as if your stash pile is growing- the art sets were a bargain.
    Chrissy- definitely complain! To misdiagnose once could be a mistake, to misdiagnose twice needs looking into before something very serious happens. Pancreatitis pain is horrendous. I hope DH flare up has eased now.
    046- Im hooked on my fitbit now, although the light is very bright during the night when I turn over or get up, wakes us both up. That's a lovely surprise for the kids- when will you tell them?
    3forholidays- if you manage to clone yourself you could make a fortune! In the meantime remember to try and take some time for yourself x

Peppa- great news on the sale and acceptance. Onward with the sorting and packing now ..
    Nothing Christmassy here, have been under the weather with the tummy bug the rest of the family had earlier in the week. I thought I had avoided it but unfortunately it was waiting for me on Friday night!

Hope everyone is well x
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    I second or third what the others have said MRSINVISIBLE, you're always helping everyone else so how lovely to treat yourself to the car. The pleasure you get driving it will be worth the extra time on the repayments.

Well done on the half marathon KERRI, as a total non athlete I salute you :D My honorary DD does the Great South Run (and has done the Great North Run) but I have no idea how.

JENNY you're doing really well with your decluttering, we started on DH's shed yesterday so need to do a couple of runs to the trip today. Congrats on the weight loss too.

FREE your weekend sounds lovely, a good way to recharge those batteries. I wondered what an Escape Room was too.

0462 hope you all have a fabulous time on your Easter break. I'm still thinking about getting a Fitbit, I just don't seem able to take that final step and buy one. Not sure if it's because I'm too scared to see just how little I move or I'm just too mean to fork out the money!

MURIE you have my sympathy re the bug, I hate anything like that. Hope you're feeling much better now.

Disappointed to hear that we're in for more rain and a cold spell, was really hoping Spring might be about to, well spring into action. I'm ready for some sunshine!
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,283
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Hiya,Not much Christmassy going on here.

Thank you for my Birthday Wishes.Mr V went to great lengths to take me to a patchwork exhibition in Cumbria! he came in with me and actually looked at stuff too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG.

Could've called in for a brew Mrs I and admired your new car.

Wow peppa,quick work with the house.I have moved twice in the past few years and the second time I ridded a lot more "stuff". I just thought " do I want to pay to move this?" I have only missed 2 things slightly.One an ornament and the other the Henry hoover which I gave away on freecycle in a fit of maddness.

I find watching marathons and sporting events in RL make me quite emotional these days.Same with brass bands!

Glad to hear everyone is busy and planning ahead.I too bought Easter chocolate and have had to replace some of them:o

I agree with the pancreatitis debacle.I have had it twice and you are in no doubt that you have it.I was told that it was constipation initially.It is only a simple blood test to diagnose.Hope your husband feels better now Chrissy.I wonder if its not taken seriously because people in general exaggerate their symptoms.No exaggeration needed if you have pancreatitis.

I have bought some new clothes recently and my DD1 is trying to get me to wear brow powder.I feel like Coco the clown.I cant wait for some better weather.I am ready for it! I am itching to get in the garden too.

take care Vx
     :
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family