Taking your own food/drink to cinema

Comments

• OnceUponADream
    OnceUponADream Posts: 16,047 Forumite
    We take our own goodies as well. I empty everything out of my handbag and refill with lots of junk and drinks. We have never been stopped and I pray on the way in that I don't 'fizzle' too much:p
    The shinbone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.
    :TBig thanks to all competition posters:T
  • omelette451
    omelette451 Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    Oblivion wrote: »
    We slunk out of that cinema under cover of darkness, never to return again.:o

And yet she still married you! :rolleyes:
  • Oblivion
    Oblivion Posts: 20,248 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    And yet she still married you! :rolleyes:

Yep. And we've been laughing at life together for the past 34 years ... a match made in malteser heaven ;)

Dave.
    ... Dave
    Happily retired and enjoying my 14th year of leisure
    I am cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
    Bring me sunshine in your smile
  • r.mac_2
    r.mac_2 Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    we went to cineworld recently and at the ticket desks there is a sign saying 'only food and drink purchased on the premises can be consumed on the premises' or something to that effect.

I do feel that the cinema goodies are overpriced, and TBH I'm not prepared to pay those prices. However, I do understand that a cinema is a business, but witht eh price of the tickets and the goodies it can be an expensive outing - esp for a family. I usually take a small packet of sweets with me in my handbag, but that's it - I certainly wouldn't come loaded up with goodies, but then that's cause I'm there to see the film, not eat :D
    aless02 wrote: »
    r.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
    I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this response :p
  • omelette451
    omelette451 Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    Oblivion wrote: »
    Yep. And we've been laughing at life together for the past 34 years ... a match made in malteser heaven ;)

Wow, I hope I'm as lucky as you!
  • Oblivion
    Oblivion Posts: 20,248 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Wow, I hope I'm as lucky as you!

And I sincerely hope you are too. The truly precious things in life don't come in boxes, they come from love and understanding.

Dave.
    ... Dave
    Happily retired and enjoying my 14th year of leisure
    I am cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
    Bring me sunshine in your smile
  • edit : Mean spirited and cynical? No, it really isn't. They're a business. They exist to make money.

If they charged 'high street' prices for food and drink, they would soon be out of business. It's that simple.

Nonsense! If they charged the same prices as shops, people would not bother popping at the shop first and then taking stuff in. It would be much easier and more convenient to buy at the cinema. So, more people would buy ... and I am sure shops still make profit, even if they do not charge nearly £4 for a Butterkist popcorn! I am sure that if they halved their prices the amount of people buying would not just double, but maybe quadruple, binging in the same if not bigger profit (larger volumes can mean better wholesale price).

I, for one, would buy at cinema if prices were not so out of proportion!
    Personal Challenge - Debt Free Debt: Loan £[STRIKE]995[/STRIKE][STRIKE]858[/STRIKE] )!, credit card[STRIKE] 2500 [/STRIKE] £900
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]After the first four years the dirt doesn't get any worse. [/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]
    The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity than a friend is a creditor.

[/FONT]
  • kitschkitty
    kitschkitty Posts: 3,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We've always taken our own sweets and drinks to the local Vue in the past and had no problems or checks.

personally I wouldn't allow anyone to look in my bag, and certainly not pat me down! :eek:

Anyway I'm diabetic so most of the stuff the cinema sells is no good for me!
    A waist is a terrible thing to mind.
  • Zinger549
    Zinger549 Posts: 1,301 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I usually take my own stuff in. There is a big Sainiburys and some little shops near trom the Cinemar. They are much cheaper than the cinemar so I go there before hand. Sometimes I buy nachos in the cinemar. I have never been searched when going in.
    Some people I know have brough hot food in like Mac D's and Burger King. I heard some one took in a KFC megabucket once.
    Come on you Irons
  • bestyman
    bestyman Posts: 1,115 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    For the big time cinema smugglers why not try one of these?
    http://www.firebox.com/product/1388/The-Beerbelly
    On the internet you can be anything you want.It`s strange so many people choose to be rude and stupid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure